All reviews hi express front desk breakfast room pillow cases free breakfast fire pit local college great place to stay king suite shower curtain pancake maker main road would stay here again cookies beds were comfortable very nice hotel yogurt
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We chose the Holiday Inn Express in Utica because we were looking for an overnight stop close to the thruway, and other trip advisor reviewers have rated this hotel highly. Sorry, but we cannot do the same.
In Holiday Inn's favor, the room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable.
However:
The first room we were offered had a sink that was not working. The second one did, but in the middle of the night, I could not get the water to run cold enough to drink. When I asked for a bottle of water at the front desk the next morning, I was told that they only give them upon check-in. When I explained that we hadn't been offered any, the clerk reluctantly gave me one bottle. The prepared breakfast was not good, according to DH, so I just took some yogurt containers.
I might not be complaining as much if we hadn't paid $199 for the room, which was approximately what we paid four nights later for a beautiful, upscale Kimpton in Manchester, VT (Holiday Inn and Kimpton belong to the same hotel group.)

Date of stay: August 2018
Btownsend, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Wander98937,

I am disappointed to hear about your experience at our Holiday Inn Express + Suites. This is definitely not the experience that we would ever want any of our guests to have and we appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience your experience may have caused you. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us - please feel free to reach out to us at 315.724.2726.

Kind Regaurds,

Trevor Esch
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Express + Suites

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Our room was spacious and check-in was easy, and the staff very pleasant. There was no tub, just a shower but that was not a problem for us. There were plenty of luscious, soft towels. We could hear people upstairs above us walking around, but the room was very quiet during the night and we got a much needed great night's sleep after a full day of driving from North Carolina. The breakfast area was clean and had plenty of seating. The pancake maker was fun to watch, but yielded by thin, rubbery pancakes. The egg white omelet was spongy and the biscuits were soggy. The warm cinnamon buns were outstanding! There was a nice assortment of cereal, yogurt and sweet rolls. They also offered a choice of turkey or pork sausage . If we are ever in this area again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Btownsend, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Mimivfl73,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to get a great night's sleep and that you found your room to be spacious. Please come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I do not normally expect to be “charmed” by a Holiday Inn. Yet, this particular hotel is charming. Well maintained. Clean. Staff friendly and accommodating.

The only reason they did not get 5 stars is they have some front desk problems. They checked us into a room which had another guest in it. They gave us keys and when we opened the door - we were shocked to see the room very occupied. The front desk apologized but also indicated this happened on a somewhat regular basis. MANAGEMENT - PLEASE FIX THIS SAFETY ISSUE.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Btownsend, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear stephrab,

Thank you choosing to stay with us. I am happy the you found our hotel to be charming and well maintained. I sincerely apologize for the room check in error that occured with the Front Desk. Thank you for providing your feedback so that I can have this error corrected immediately.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Nice newer HI Express. Room was very nice king with nice bathroom with walk in shower and no tub. That’s a good thing. Nicer breakfast room than most and a little better breakfast than most. I used points, but it seemed a little pricey. Would stay again, depending on price.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Btownsend, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear george b,

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your king room and our newer breakfast room. Please some and stay with us again the next time you are passing through Utica.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

When looking for a place to stay in Utica , the Holiday Inn Express is the place..don’t bother looking any further. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. Very convenient to restaurants and attractions, easy on and off the highway. We have stayed here numerous times and have never been disappointed. Be sure to join the IHG club and earn points.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Btownsend, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear BellaNewYork,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you found our location to be convenient. We look forward to you staying with us again soon and thank you for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club.