“Excellent meal”
Review of Pitkins Restaurant

Pitkins Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Schroon Lake
Cuisines: American
Description: 518-532-7918 A family owned business for over 100 years in the Town of Schroon , NY
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After 5hrs of being out fishing in the cold on Schroon Lake, we were ready for lunch.
The owners of the Adirondack Inn told us about Pitkins Restaurant.
After the meal , my 10yr old son said "I've only had about 5 burgers in my life, but
this was by far the best one".

I have to agree, the burger was very good.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I usually order a "small" (such as Soup & Salad) meal so I can have a piece of homemade pie at the end of the visit! Her pies are awesome!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I have been coming to Schroon Lake since 2003 and now own a home here. Pitkins has been a landmark restaurant for decades. The food is consistent, especially the trout and BBQ beef. Although they heavily promote the pies, it really depends on which one. My wife had a desire for the banana cream pie but came away disappointed. On the other hand the apple pie was very good.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Stop there a few times a year for breakfast or lunch after a hiking trip. Food is basic but always reliably good and quick.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I am on a low carb diet plan. I know it can be difficult when traveling, but this place had NOTHING green, the only vegetable they had was coleslaw. There were no omelets, or eggs of any kind that I could have for lunch either. My husband had a reuben. He said it was "weird". This is from a man who eats just about anything and never complains. I had a burger without the bun. It was small, and had pre-packaged cheese on it. The coffee was ok. It seems like they specialize in pie at this place. The prices seemed alright until we went to the Irish pub the next night where they had much more choice, and bigger/better sandwiches for the same price. I would not go back here again.

1  Thank ParksideNY