“Very good, reasonably priced”
Review of Lorenzo's cafe

Lorenzo's cafe
Get food delivered
Ranked #72 of 311 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 24 October 2022 via mobile

One of our favorite restaurants for Sunday brunch is no longer in business, so we decided to try Lorenzo’s. The place was busy, but our waiter was attentive and our orders were filled promptly. I enjoyed my waffle with strawberries and whipped cream; they didn’t skimp on the toppings. The coffee was very good, too. Others in my party had chicken and waffles and eggs. The prices were very reasonable. It’s not a fancy place, but the quality was above average. I’d definitely dine here again.

Date of visit: October 2022

Reviewed 27 June 2022

Great service... charging me .50 for a take away container is petty, I won't be returning.

Do they also charge .50 per take out? Delivery?

* Lame excuse from the owner *- the prices are no different than anyone else. Take away containers are "the cost of doing business". Are you going to charge per napkin and straw next? Again, you've lost my business indefinitely*

Place is also filthy, as noted in other reviews. (Renting a commercial lease means YOU UPDATE THE UNIT. Demonizing your landlord for your greasy restaurant is as rediculous as charging for containers).

Whoever is running this place has no clue how to invest in the presentation of a commercial business.

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank C7478OTanthonyc
Reviewed 21 May 2021

The service is good, plus they give you plenty of food for the money. It is a great spot to get a good breakfast.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

We were seated quickly by a very friendly young man but had to wait awhile before ordering and to get our food. The waiter was not friendly. We had eggs and home fries. The food was delicious. Cleared my plate. The best home fries I’ve had in a super long time.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank K_Aeagle
Reviewed 1 October 2019 via mobile

This was my first visit to Lorenzo’s. When my friend from out of town suggested it, I was surprised as I had never known anyone who ate there! But, I was certainly happy to give it a try. I was SO glad that I did! We were a party of 5, each with some sort of special request, and the very kind waitress was happy to comply. The food was absolutely delicious...and reasonably priced, too. I had eggs with grits and homemade toast. My friends loved the home fries and one had a superb (and giant) pancake. I will definitely return!

Date of visit: September 2019