All reviews fire pit steam room continental breakfast themed rooms hot tub one of a kind thought of everything spiral staircase spa passes coconut cream pie dance floor main office owners and staff can't wait to go back fred's lair small town unique place
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stop what you are doing right now and book this place. It is far from an ordinary motel. There are all sorts of themed rooms to choose from. We stayed in the Mary Ann's Coconut Cream Pie Room. I have to admit I was worried that this would be a cheap, cheesy motel....NO WAY! I was amazed at the detail in all the decorating. The owners put so much thought and class in everything. The common areas were great also. A full continental breakfast was included. And...I love the fact that coffee, tea and snacks were available all day at no charge. The owners did this place right! I thought this would be a once and done but we will definitely be back!.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018

This is a wonderfully quirky hotel with its fun and fantasy rooms. The fun and fantasy comes with comfortable beds, well-appointed bathrooms and a quality finish. Staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a room upgrade. Roxbury is a quiet and charming little town too. We were directed to the golf club by hotel staff for dinner and found it a charming location with great food.

Our only disappointment was breakfast - not so much its content (although it was limited in scope) but its delivery: drinks in paper cups, food on paper plates and eating utensils all plastic. Paying over US$300 for one night this seemed pretty scrappy – china plates and proper tableware for this small hotel would only take 2 or 3 dishwasher loads to clean so why this ugly shortcut?

More concerning with this disposable breakfast service than the aesthetic, is the shear environmental carnage of breakfast consumed on paper with petrochemical utensils. There is some hypocrisy here too as the bathroom had what is now a common hotel sign expressing the hotel’s concern for the environment and encouraging guests to reuse their towels. I’d suggest that any guest with a genuine concern for the environment not worry about the towels and instead should bring their own plates and utensils for use a breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We have been wanting to visit the Roxbury for a couple of years. One word about the hotel: AWESOMESAUCE!
We loved our room, Wizard of Oz themed.
Everything is extremely clean, well thought out, fun & comfortable. I had a spa treatment which was fab & the spa area was so inviting and comfy-cozy. The owners Joe & Greg go out of their way to make sure you are 100% satisfied. They have thought of everything here. Cant wait to stay at their new place opening In 2019.

Not many businesses nearby.
Lots of driving but we’re ok with that.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My wife and I planned a long weekend to see our daughter play volleyball in MA and upstate NY. After research, our first stop was The Roxbury in the Emerald Room. We wish we could have stayed longer as it was relaxing and a beautiful haven nestled in the Catskill's. We took advantage of a bottle of Prosecco and enjoyed the breakfast they had from 8-11. The sun was shining brightly and it made for a great morning before leaving Roxbury. There are so many great rooms to choose from that I hope we are able to come back and experience them in the future.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Well, What can I say. This is the most amazing Place. Its our 9th trip here. We actually got married here. Greg and Joe are the most amazing owners, they make us feel like family.Colleen, Suzie and the whole staff are wonderfull. The Motel is immaculate, 5 star.
We cant wait for the Stratton Falls location to open. With the falls its going to be beautiful.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family