“Great food, good prices, nice staff.”
Review of Uma's

Uma's
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The first Uzbeki surfing themed restaurant we've been to - a real find for anyone going to Rockaway for the day or longer. Very chilled out atmosphere with friendly service and an interesting menu inc. borscht, healthy soups, meat and vegan dishes. We had a really nourishing vegan soup followed by salmon and lamb kebabs with rice and spicy sauce. Homemade brownies for pudding were very nice.

At $36 the wine was way overpriced, but not as much as in every other NYC restaurant we went to (it's upsetting how much they charge for wine in the city). There was good beer selection on draught - I had Montauk, which I liked a lot.

Good value, and nice to have something healthy to eat after all the (tasty) fried cholesterol we'd been consuming. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Ordered the Manti with Meat and...it was delicious! I'm still dreaming about those huge meat dumplings and cannot wait to make a trip out to Far Rockaway again. My husband and friend both got a dish with beef, rice and veggies and this was also delicious.

The portions are quite large here...much needed filling after a day of surfing!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Been here multiple times and the food is always delicious. The butternut squash manti is amazing. Cozy atmosphere and wonderful customer service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Came here on two occasions. Both were very good. The first was for dinner with my husband. The second time I sat at the bar with a work friend and we had wine and a cheese board. Friendly staff and good eats.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The food is always so fresh! The Uma’s salad is divine. Wines always spot on. Just wish there were a couple more veggie options.