“Good Pizza, good service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Barista Verace Pizza & Cafe
Ranked #43 of 92 Restaurants in Rego Park
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This place is now under new management. I have a review in the past of this place, and it was not an acceptable quality of service, really. Now, there is someone actually in charge on the premises (owner or manager) that is polite and very service oriented. Not just pizza is served but other things you might not find ordinarily such as empanadas, chicken salad, desserts plus very good espresso. I have gone there after work for a quick bite if lunch was insufficient or picked up my dinner and ate at home. I love the flavor of the pizza sauce, it is very fresh. The manager on site was very sure to check how I liked the food and offered more choices. I am just happy now that there is a good place to go so close to home.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

This place, Barista Verace Pizza, is in Rego Park, on the side of Queens Boulevard that gets less foot traffic (the south side), about half-way between the Rego Center Mall and the Queens Center Mall. The interior is fairly small, with four small tables for two and, in the center of the room, one large common table.

The prices for full pizza pies here start at $5.95 for a ten incher and $12.95 for a sixteen inch "mozzarella" pizza. The take out menu states that they use "tomatoes... from San Marzano DOP" and "grande cheese, Artisan Flour from Italy (Caputo 00)", whatever that all means. They also have heros, pasta dishes and salads on the menu.

I had just one slice of the "regular" pizza for $2.50 and added a can of Diet Coke for $1.00.

My pizza had pretty good flavor. The crust was thin and had a good amount of tomato sauce and cheese on it. I would certainly come back here.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I have been here twice and I can the say that the pizza here is good. It was thin crust but not brunt. Right amount of sauce and cheese so that it melted but did not make the crust soggy or oily. The price was great, a plain 16 inch pie is only $13. I will try the other menu items.
The place is on the small side but there is a large table and side tables (2 people) to sit at. I liked that the top of the takeout box doubles as plates.

2  Thank Ed C