All reviews bagels window seat hard boiled eggs continental breakfast finger lakes tub shower room was clean small room egg sandwich within walking distance wedding weekend good nights sleep front desk staff the breakfast area would stay again indoor pool upon check
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed here one night while visiting the area. The property was very clean and conveniently located. We have stayed at Microtels before and have never been disappointed. Check-in and check-out were fast. All in all this is a real bargain . . . Nice clean place with a great price. We will definitely stay here whenever we visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bonnie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel located in the beautiful Finger Lakes! I am happy to see you foudn your most recent stay to be clean and of great value. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

This was a great place to stay. It was in walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean except for some dog hair in the cushions. Mary who was there at breakfast was a delight to talk with. She is knowledgeable of the area for things to do and not to miss.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to see you had a pleasant stay and found Mary to be a delight, she truly is an asset to our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I stay here 2 to 3 times a year while visiting the area. Great place to stay. Newer property, clean and right in town. Service is great. The manager was even able to do some switching around to get me a room on a night that was completely booked.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel in Penn Yan, NY! I am so happy to see you have had consistant great stays while visiting our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

As of this writing the property is about three years old. Bonnie checked us in and was polite, informative and cordial. Our room had a queen size bed with a nice flat panel TV, small sofa with ottoman and a mini kitchen area that included a microwave, sink and small refrigerator. The bathroom had a tub and not the more modern walk in shower like some hotel chains are going to at this time. There is ample parking around the facility and it is close to town. There are a number of bars, restaurants and local shops within walking distance. My displeasure is with the housekeeping staff. There as popcorn under the ottoman, garbage on top of the cabinetry, and it looked like someone cleaned the face of the microwave with a filthy cloth leaving a nasty smear. If I found these issues, what is going on with things that I don't know about. This location needs some serious housekeeping training. From some of the other posts it seems to be a constant here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to see you experienced concerns during your most recent stay. We have since addressed each of these issues with the housekeeping staff and management so we can avoid these concerns in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Was not given wedding package rate. Billed almost
$200 for a hotel worth about $100-$125 per night. Room was tiny. Breakast was cold at best. The manager refused to make it right. I don't usually give ratings but in this case, I feel I have to.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Bonnie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

I'm so sorry we were unable to give you the wedding rate, due to you booking though a third party. When we spoke I tried to explain that I had no control over your rate as you were prepaid through a third party site. We are surely sorry this misunderstanding took place. Have a great day.