“Quiet, secluded, cozy retreat.”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room with attached deck, overlooking Autumn Lake Living Room sofa bed (pull out)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room with attached deck, overlooking Autumn Lake
Living Room sofa bed (pull out)
Added fire pit and lush landscaping
Added lush landscaping and limestone walkways
Kitchen
Cottage w Attached Deck
Outside deck (detached) overlooking Autumn Lake
Deck 3 avialable for guest use
Swim in Autumn Lake- Thanks to guest L. Cobb for photo
La Bella Vista, The Beautiful View on Autumn Lake
Salmon River Falls just minutes away!
Check out the fish caught in Autumn Lake!
Autumn Lake
Autumn Lake
Deck 1 for guest use
Deck 1 for guest use
Boats
Deck 1 and paddle boat for guest use
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
magnustho...
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
“Musty cabins set right ontop of eachother”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Great area; bass fishing awesome. Salmon river falls and hatchery closeby and awesome....but:
Hubby had to empty out waterfilled kayaks provided and attempt to fix broken rowboat oar holder.
Was told to bring a signed copy of the rental agreement for the landlord but he was a no show. Didn't leave the agreement because the patio doors, the only entrance, DIDN'T lock from the outside!
The tiny cabin was nice, but very musty smelling. There was a/c and A paddle fan. Fully stocked kitchen.
Grill needed severe cobweb removal and cleaning.
We had to stagger very quick showers because of a very small water tank.
This is a pet friendly place; very annoyed as the guests left them in the cabins to bark, and bark, and bark.
By the last day, all cabins were filled. Peace and quiet replaced with barking dogs and country music and loud drunks. I know the elderly couple staying next to us was not happy either. We left late the last night because we wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.
Plus a $75 cleaning fee??? Excessive. We left it better than we found it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
17 Aug 2016
Anonymous review writer from Pennsburg,
I truly regret that you did't enjoy your stay. In the welcome email it clear states, if there are any issues with the cottage, I should be contacted immediately. Had you called I would have contacted the other guests and reminded them to be respectful of everyone. I wasn't a "no show" it also clearly states in the welcome email that I can't always meet all of my guests. Meeting me should have no effect on the pleasure of your stay, the instructions were to leave the rental agreement.
Were you unaware of the cleaning fee?
I have received no complaints from anyone in cabin #1 at the time of your stay. They actually left a 5 star review. You could read it on a competitors website.
You are also the first guest to complain about the size of the cottage. There are 41 pictures of the cottage and surroundings, picture #23 clearly depicts the orientation of three of our buildings on the property.
The water heater is a standard 40 gallon unit.
Cobwebs on the grill or anywhere on the property or buildings reproduce at a rapid pace in the wooded setting. Spiders, flying insects, rodents and other wildlife are very abundant. They are dealt with to the best of my practical ability.
I have had no other complaints of a musty smell before or after your stay. Did you actually smell the other cabins, I ask because your headline reads "Musty cabins set right on top of each other". I am sure you read our other reviews, when your booking was completed you should have been able to access our other websites. There are over 25 five star reviews that boast about our cleanliness.
I do regret your dissatisfaction, but there is nothing I can do for you weeks after your stay. I can only suggest in your future stays, where ever you may stay, address your concerns as they arise. In most cases they can be quickly resolved, your vacations would be more enjoyable.
Regards,
Brian Klefbeck
Stephen S
“Quiet, secluded, cozy retreat.”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I celebrated 3 years of marriage here. The cottage was very cozy, well equipped with everything to make our stay great! The lake has no speed boats, so its very nice to swim, paddle boat in. The bugs were few and far and there was lots of space to walk, sit, and explore. The only trouble we had was getting the shower warm enough, but I am sure the owner will address the issue promptly. He was very kind and helpful with our stay. There were plenty of things in the area to check out, but we just stayed on site our whole time there enjoying the view and solitude. We would most defiantly go again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the view
Liked least: the shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
elfinmagi...
Orwell, New York
“A VIEW THAT ALLOWED US TO SIT BACK AND LISTEN TO THE QUITE,”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Brian,

Your place met all of our expectations, i wish i could stay longer:-)
it gave me peace, and tranquility from the busy frustrating responsibilities of work.
relaxed, stopped my writer's block ( a bobbie), My husband was in his elements, fished, and loved sitting by the pit late into the night, us and even a neighbor and family sharing dinner - bring what you make it to the fire pit lol.

I actually was looking to find how to rent it for next year for a much LONGER stay:-) but could not find the site again.
I am sure you will be hearing from us.
again thank you for keeping this place so well, and considering what you put on line is what is truly here at home.
It gave us as a couple a chance to remember why we like one another. :-)
I am sorry now i did not bring Mini my Yorke she would have loved it, next time for sure.
I have urged a collegue who needs to run out of the city and take time away from work to call you.
Leah Solomon.
Brooklyn, NY

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: clean, organized, home feeling, the view, the quite.
Liked least: i have no dislikes, except the gps until reaching Orwell did not recognize neither spelling of the road. learning to put FAWN ROAD WHICH is just by Deane dr helped.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing