All reviews pool area bedroom balcony deep pool stunning views bed and breakfast shops restaurants the hotel reception nice pool walking path location is great staff was very friendly and helpful junior suite we loved our stay luxury hotel our honeymoon famous sunset greek
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Nikos Villas for 4 nights and adored the personal care shown us by the owner, Nikos, including sharing a bottle of his family wine on our Villa patio one night. Such a treat!

Staying here you just have to set your expectations correctly. It is a family owned and family run hotel, with the owner onsite. It is not an exclusive hotel in the most expensive section of OIa and doesn't cost a $1000 per night. What you get here is a great location, 10 minute walk from the amazing restaurants and shopping in Oia, incredible view of the caldera, up high, with no extensive walking up and down stairs, and adorable villas furnished each uniquely with family pieces and very clean.

It isn't fancy but the units are a nice size (except for miniature showers), most have beautiful patios or balconies, and the pool is absolutely gorgeous.

The air conditioning is not the best. It was inadequate for our 2 bedroom unit and never really cooled it. Nikos came in after the second night and changed the settings, which helped, but it still did not provide for cooling as you would really like to have.

I would highly recommend Nikos consider installing ceiling fans in each bedroom. I've noticed the AC was an issue sighted in a number of reviews. Ceiling fans would be a cost effective way of helping to address this.

Since there is no sea access here, cooling off is done exclusively by the pool and, again, it is beautiful, but I would recommend Nikos purchase plastic/acrylic bar service glasses. We had nice drinks by the pool each day but we were so afraid of possibly dropping the glasses!

Location, location, location is what you are paying for here and you get the added bonus of personal service by the owner. Come in with the right expectations and you'll be pleased with your stay at Nikos Villas!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The property was beautiful and we had a view of the sunset all the way into the water. (I don't know if all rooms could get that view.). The balcony on our villas was the best we have had anywhere in the world. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If the review stopped here, it would be a very enthusiastic five.

We did find the air conditioning inadequate. We struggled to get comfortable even at night. This was particularly true for our kids who were up in a loft.

The wireless was also frustrating and basically didn't work in our room. In order to check in with work, I basically had to go to the lobby.

If these issues were addressed or if you are not sensitive to them, the property would be spectacular.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jillhl2016
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We booked three rooms several months before our vacation. Eleftheria, via email told us which rooms would work best for our party of ten. I gave her our credit card and she confirmed our reservation. Approximately six weeks before our trip I woke to an email from Eleftheria saying she cancelled our reservation because she tried to preauthorize my credit card and it was denied. I called my credit card company and asked about any attempted charge. There was NO attempt to charge or preauthorize etc. Eleftheria said my rooms were taken. It was terrible. We were only staying for two nights and I can only imagine she had a better/longer deal? Or some regulars were returning? I don't know. But I realized that Santorini was booked. Our friends and my family had to stay at separate properties and it caused us a lot of time and grief. If you think you are confirmed at Niko's Villas, think again. Oh, and Eleftheira said she is the daughter of the owner, Nikos Halaris. I read not very positive reviews about him. Bad blood.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anneV9553YX
Reviewed 4 July 2017

That worse I've ever met me !!! But the one that made me more frustrated was the behavior of the principal towards his servants!!!The children who work there have served us with the best behavior in relation to their boss!!!!!!Then he talked them badly and attacked them

Room Tip: Like a good hotel but the one that has the worst all
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank martakis89
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The location and views from the villas is the best. You travel to Santorini for the sunsets and this placed delivered. I travelled with my partner and his Father and Aunt, Irene went out of her way to ensure we had the best room (the private Villa) and a luxury room together. We arrived late on our first night, but Irene and her staff where ready to make sure we had everything and we were well settled in. The pool was just lovely and the place was like a mini resort with a bed and breakfast feel. Our stay at Nikos Villas will be well remembered for a long time to come.

Room Tip: Just talk to Irene and she will find the right room for your special holiday. I recommend the Captains Villa for a 2 bedroom family stay
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family