“A truly wonderful course”
Review of Golf d'Etretat

Golf d'Etretat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Golf d'Etretat, perched on top of the Normandy cliffs overlooking the bay of Etretat, is one of the 3 most outstanding marine golfs in France. Centenary celebrated in 2008, son journey is in perpetual evolution. Its famous hole number 10 makes it even more demanding, but whatever your score, you will keep the memory of a magical moment ...
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Of course if the wind is blowing and the rain horizontal this course is a disaster. But today it was a golfers heaven on earth. Second only to Carne near belmullet in the west of Ireland. If you are a golfer within 50 miles of Étretat.on a calm sunny day. Get there quick.. you wont regret it! Only drawback no electric trolleys can’t understand why!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The welcome on the course is great - very friendly. The bar was friendly too. The Newcastle Brown was exorbitant. (this is not Les Champs Élysées).
HOEWEVER
The real problem was the sandwich. On the barman’s recommendation I chose the Terrine (“Homemade” - “Faite Maison”). I didn’t look at it until I was on the course. I wish I had because I would have given it back.
Often a terrine, during cooking, is enrobed in fat/lard (to keep the terrine moist) but this fat is not usually removed on serving ; and sometimes there are little bits of fat in the terrine itself. However my sandwich was more like 50% fat !! All the former fat was still present and hadn’t been removed and as for the latter type of fat, there were big pieces (1cm cubed !!) in the middle of each bit of terrine itself.
I never normally never behave like this but I was so annoyed (was it deliberate ? ) and disappointed (I’ve lived in France since 1988 and have never had such an awful example of a terrine - beit at home, in a bistro or in a high-end restaurant in Paris or in the Provinces) that eventually, I started to throw this fat over the green !! So if the green keeper finds the fat, he can thank the chef and the barman !!
It spoiled my entire visit. In case the club is wondering, this was on Wednesday 12th September. I’m the “Brit” from the Isle of Man and I was there with a friend from Paris (he’d never seen a sandwich like that either!!).

Reviewed 23 April 2018

The scenary is unique and only that makes this golf extremelly beautiful and attractive i
The course is physical, and the 10th hole is extreme in the difficulty and the ecxeptional scenary ! It's a must if you can :-)

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Have just played this and got rained off after 4 holes!! The staff were so friendly in the club house and we were given a complimentary round of golf due to the weather. They did not need to do this and this certainly was exceptional customer service. A word of warning....the parking is awful, lack of spaces, tight and very disorganised!

We definitely want to go back when the weather is nicer!!

1  Thank smanff
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I loved this course!

We had beautiful weather which probably helped and it definitely helped playing with 2 members who knew the course (2 ladies who were very friendly and spoke good English). The views were spectacular and the course was in good condition. The signature 10th hole is pretty tricky and I was glad we had a buggy due to how hilly it was.

The clubhouse and office staff are all very friendly - in fact you can go for lunch to the clubhouse even if you are not playing golf and the views are stunning. I would love to play here again - my husband and I really enjoyed our brief stay in Etretat at Dormy House and will definitely be back.