“crowded so it must be good”

Cirella's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cirella's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Melville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Country Road
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We didn't have reservations but the hostess managed to find a table for us. The wine list was ok, not pricey. The artichoke hearts appetizer in garlic sauce was really good. My veal chop parmagian was one of the largest that I have ever seen. I took it to go and had 2 more meals out of it. The linguini and clam sauce was lacking in clams. The lasagna had 3 layers and was very tasty and the raviolas were homemade and were equally as good. Unfortunately for us there was no room for desert!
I'll go back if I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for my wife’s birthday. My daughter and son-in -law joined us. They have been here before and recommended Cirella’s.

They shared the artichoke hearts appetizer and they said is was fantastic. I had the veal meatballs with ricotta and parmigiana cheese. It also was great.

For main course I had the chicken parmigiana with angel pasta which my son in law also had. The chicken cutlet took up,the whole plate. It was perfectly cooked and the sauce was delicious. My daughter had some sort of sushi roll and asked for a special lemon infused soy sauce to dip. My wife had one of the specials of sea scallops and tomato risotto which she loved.

We didn’t have desert because we were to stuffed to eat anymore. I took home half of my dinner which I had the next day.

Can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We were asked to dinner and this was the place they chose. Both men stated it’s been a while since they visited, and both were impressed by how good everything looked - and how good the food was. I thought it was interesting- a restaurant serving both Italian and Sushi. So I tried the Sushi - it was wonderful.
Nice historic place that retains a very nice balance of good food and friendly service. I recommend a visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

In NY you expect good Italian food. When you want traditional Italian dishes that are a comfort food for many of us then look no further than Cirella’s.
Nice wine list, staff that makes you feel as if this is your neighborhood “go to” Italian restaurant, and the menu of traditional comfort foods made with care and quality ingredients. Cirella’s is always a good choice!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I ordered a caesar salad and lasagna. The salad was room temperature - Yuck. The lasagna had like two layers - Seriously. The waiter was hovering I guess because he wanted us to leave since they needed a table as soon as we put our folks down. Go to Olive Garden. I think there food is better.