“They Don't Care”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

GOING TO AVOID THE LONG STORY to try to keep it simple say — I lost a whole day because they cancelled my flight and the flight I was rebooked on was delayed 3 hours. Was supposed to be there at 2pm and did not arrive until 4am. I had to pay for a pricey hotel that I wasn't able to enjoy. When I applied for a reimbursement request they told me that they won't honor it. That it doesn't qualify because they informed us they cancelled the flight 4 hours in advance (5am thank you very much, did not wake up until 6:30) I lost over $400 because of JetBlue nor will they give me a travel credit. Then the flight home was delayed as well. We were loyal JetBlue fliers for YEARS. I will not be flying JetBlue again. They are dead to me.

One other thing I noticed, if you choose a seat when you book, they will sell your seat to someone else to get more $ and stick you in the back. It happened to my coworker and I know for a fact they were supposed to sit next to me because I booked her flight for her and the person in the seat was another coworked who was rebooked because their flight was cancelled. AND THEY PAID $79 for that seat. Not only do they not care, but they will sell you out

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank Stacy I

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Jetblue is a dishonest, self serving airline. In summation Jetblue had a plane and pilot ready to depart on time. Some approximate time summary... They knew at about 7:30pm that their flight crew for 8:30pm would not be on time. I asked the person at the desk about a reserve crew, she said they do sometimes use reserve crews but we should be fine with the one we have assigned. They then strung us along @hourly. At roughly 11:30pm they assured us that the flight crew was arriving at 12:30am and our flight would depart shortly after. After waiting in the cold in the tunnel to board they sent us back into the terminal as the flight crew was "discussing" their hours worked. At 2:30am they decided they worked too many hours and could not fly. Why was JetBlue not prepared with a reserve crew? How does an airline not know the number of hours the crew they assigned would have to work before advising customers that it is ready to take off??

The flight representative then advised us we would get an email with compensation. Instead we got an email saying no compensation and blaming it on the weather rather than their failure to appropriately staff.

They also did not honor the refund they promised or provide adequate rebooking. Separate but related issues

1  Thank jules v
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They wouldn't give me a credit for the luggage fee that I mistakenly paid for before the flight. I was promised by the Jetblue employee at the counter that she would process the credit. That never happened. When I called I received poor customer service and no help. There was also an hour delay on my return flight. On top of that the stewardess on the flight had an attitude problem. Terrible experience with Jetblue.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a mint ticket. At the last minute Jet Blue switched planes and the plane they switched didn’t have Mint Service. I paid in points and when you look at the cost in points, what Jet Blue offered me was a joke. If you look at the ticket prices in points, Mint service is about 4 times the points of blue plus. Offering me $500 in credit was a cheap shot and I was told about the problem as I was boarding the plane with no chance to respond or look for another flight. I will not fly this bloody airlines again.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank G9391SEdavidr
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In the past, I have had great experiences flying JetBlue but the customer representatives over the phone these past two days have been AWFUL. They do NOTHING to try and help you. They don't even pretend to care. I will not be flying JetBlue again, especially when there are other airline options.

3  Thank alaialoves
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.