All reviews starbucks coffee front desk in town nice lobby would stay here again the main street buffet breakfast fire pit spacious room beautiful hotel pool and hot tub hockey tournament king bed whiteface mountain olympic center great room shops and restaurants
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at numerous Marriot Hotels over the past 40 years. This particular Marriot was a bit disappointing. Both hot tub/jacuzzi ‘s were not working which is one of the reasons we selected this hotel in Lake Placis. Room was ok except for a light that needed a ballast repair for several weeks we were told, dust on a figurine over dresser . Just seemed that cleaning and room appearance was not high on their priority list for them. I did not enjoy getting stuck in elevator but it can happen. This is our second time recently a courtyard hotel was not so great. We will stick to Homewood Suites .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This continues a fairly long string of disappointing stays at marriotts and in particular courtyard hotels. This, like so many others, is a VERY tired property that almost felt dirty and smelled in parts of the property. Service was good but it doesn’t make up for the poor property. Very pet friendly hotel which was nice and the outdoor fireplace is a nice place to hangout with a group at night. But I would go down town and stay at the high peaks which is better located and a nicer physical property. Hampton inn is way better too. It’s also a total pain to stay outside of town - parking in town is annoying and hard to find. I have stayed at this property two consecutive years and it will be my last - it is going downhill too quickly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mng89
Reviewed 17 August 2018

On our family vacation. The rooms we had booked were incorrect upon arrival (2 ajoinung rooms were just 2 rooms). The first person at the desk told us our AAA discount would only apply to the first night, but then assured all errors were corrected. When we che cked at the desk the 2 days later nothing, excpet the rooms, had been corrected. IN the computer it showed my mither inlaw as booking both rooms and then our ajoining room under our name as well. The price for the second night was extremely wrong and they had to manually correct the price for the next night. When we went to check out noth rooms were billed at different prices and the clerk at the desk told my mother in law that it was her fault because of how we had booked the rooms. The problem was eventually fixed. Beside that the room was ok, there were some stains on the comforter and when they changed it there was a stain on the new one as well. If we ever visit Lake Placid again we will not be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: apparently you have to call this hotel specifically unless you want issues.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ruhnk
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Let me start by saying I have been a consistent Marriott customer for over twenty- years. My recent overnight stay at the Courtyard Lake Placid fell a bit short of my expectations. The staff was friendly and the property itself wasn't bad. Check in was a breeze and the clerk accommodated my request to move to a higher floor without any issues. The lobby and bar/cafe area is nicely appointed and has plenty of space to spread out and find your own spot if you need to get some things done. The location is okay, just a quick drive to the Downtown/Mirror Lake area. My room was clean, albeit for some potato chip remnants in the sofa. I must admit I did find this a little off putting. The pool area is okay, very small pool with two cascading hot tubs. The pool is very shallow, only 3.5" deep all around. The larger hot tub was out of service and we quickly discovered the smaller hot tub wouldn't function either. The pool area was devoid of towels so I notified the main desk and was advised fresh towels would be brought down right away. After about 90 minutes of waiting, still no towels. After my second request the clerk apologized and quickly retrieved a few towels for me. I guess my issue really comes downs to value. I always found Courtyard Marriott properties to be a great value. Sadly it has been my recent experience that Marriott is now being outpaced by Hilton in this area. I learned I could have booked a room right downtown at the Crown Plaza with a balcony overlooking the lake for about $20.00 more. I also had a one night stay at a
Homewood Suites during the same week. I found the value on this property when compared to the Homewood Suites was not comparable. Homewood provided free beer and wine, evening appetizers and a great breakfast for $50..00 LESS than my stay at the Marriott property. I hate to bash Marriott as I am a long standing customer and supporter but its apparent they have some catching up to do.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank jcrosby
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear J. Crosby,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for providing us with this feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. Our housekeeping team works diligently in our guest rooms to make sure all of our rooms are above the cleanliness standard. We are sorry that you didn't experience that. Our Courtyard offers the Bistro, which promotes a connecting atmosphere focused on the evening experience of getting out of the room to work or relax. If I can answer any more questions on the Courtyard offerings, I invite you to get in touch with me at the hotel directly. Please do let us know the next time you are visiting the area we would love to ensure you get the stay you deserve.

Warmly,
Sarah Howrigan
Director of Sales
Courtyard Marriott Lake Placid

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We always expect the best when checking into a Marriott. We were not disappointed here. Only drawback is it’s location about 1 mile from the village. Wished it was closer to shops, restaurants, etc. Staff is super.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends