Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Lake Placid)
  • Pool
Prague Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
Edelweiss Motel(Lake Placid)
Redwood Motel(Lake Placid)
View Hotel
All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront deskin townshort drivebreakfast buffetnice lobbywould stay here againthe main stripsofa bedvery nice hotelfire pitspacious roompool and hot tubhockey tournamentcommon areaswhiteface mountainolympic center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I along with 30 other families visited The Courtyard Marriott for a hockey tournament in Lake Placid. You can imaging when 100 people go away and stay in the same hotel it can be difficult for the large group and for individual patrons to get along. Probably without saying we got a little loud in the lobby and the front desk received calls from other guest's but instead of shutting it down altogether the front desk worked with both side and was able to move the group to a area in the hotel which would not interupt other guest's and made are stay quite memorable. Did I mention our team won gold!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The staff member working the front desk when we arrived was great. He was working both the bar and the desk. Although spread thin, he was very attentive.

The room must not have been used in some time. Our stay was in February and the window was open. There were several dead flies on the floor of the room and the bathroom when we arrived. Once the window was closed and the room started to heat up more live flies appeared. Other than the fly issue the room was clean. There was plenty of room to move around.

Breakfast buffet was ok. Most of the food was not hot but merely warm.

The pool was overrun by unruly children when we tried to use it. Our child would't even try to go in because of the behavior of the other kids.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Nice clean hotel with good service and updated. Room was very comfortable and cleaned well each day. The hotel breakfast food needs improvement, very small selection for buffet and over priced. Hotel has nice fire place with chairs and kids games for activities to keep them buy. Overall we would go back

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stayed 4 nights with a group of 14 other families for my grandson's hockey tournament. We had a great time. This hotel sits right outside of town, out of the hubbub and congestion of a VERY popular winter sports town. You CAN walk to town if so inclined, but it's all uphill and almost a mile. Lisa G's restaurant (great place for dinner) is only about 1/4 mile away though and very walkable for the sporting crowd. The Bistro restaurant on property was terrific for breakfast. Starbucks coffee! Not having to go into town and find a parking spot for breakfast first thing in the morning was wonderful before having to go to the rinks. And the restaurant is also open 5:00 to 10:00 pm -- I recommend the Bistro Burger. The common areas for breakfast and evenings spent sitting by the fire were spacious and comfortable. There was even a wedding scheduled right at the hotel (about 50 people) and there was still room for everyone to gather. The ambience is very nice mountain décor. Couches, settees, chairs and tables were all in great condition --nothing looked shabby. Hot water aplenty and great water pressure make for a wonderful morning wake up shower. Housekeeping was a bit of a problem one day--we learned that most of the staff were out with the flu but the ones that could come to work stayed until all rooms were covered -- housekeeper showed up at our room at 5:30 one evening. Admire the dedication. The room was freshened up properly every day after that. Couple things bothered me: Wi-Fi was free, but cell service was kind of slow. Texts and emails sometimes took 15 minutes to transmit. Guess you have to expect that in the mountains with the locations of the cell towers. Another thing : there was no pen and paper in our room, ever. It's a small thing I know, but every other hotel provides that small amenity. Even the Marriott Courtyard I stayed at the week prior in Galveston TX had them, so it's not a corporate policy. This hotel is pet-friendly. Two families in our group brought small puppies and were welcomed. The dogs were never a problem. This is my second stay at this property and I would stay there again and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and 4 are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We were guest of this hotel in mid December while attending the Luge World Cup race held in Lake Placid. Our stay at the hotel was wonderful it is a very clean and very well run hotel. But the moment that impressed me most took place after we left. Some time during our travels I had misplaced my Kindle e book. This was not discovered until after we arrived back home. I did the usual, I called all the hotels we had stayed at and asked if it had been turned in but it had not.

Then this morning we received a call from Pat at the hotel. My Kindle indeed had been found. It was turned in by a guest that had found it in the room. There was not a record of my call as I did not make a big deal about it when I first phoned, it could have been lost at any of the many stops along our way.

Pat went above and beyond to find out who owned this Kindle and I want to thank her for that. This place is top notch in my books and I am so glad that people like Pat still exist in this fast paced crazy world we live in.

Thanks Again!!