All reviewscommunal kitchentwo twin bedsmain streetstocked with dishesboat rentalsgreat place to stayroom numbershort walk to downtownabsolutely stay here againquiet locationstayed here for nightsbusy weekendrooms are cleanmirror lakein townvisiting lake placidfire pit
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a last ski minute weekend in Lake Placid. Town House had the best rates available and was well reviewed, so we gave it a chance. Great choice.

We arrived late, parked in front of our room, punched the code they'd provided via email into the lock, and we were in. We found a large, well updated room, dropped our bags and got a comfortable night's sleep.

Simply put, this was a solid, nicely updated, affordable place to stay and we'd return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jack I, Owner at Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hello Alpine 89.......

We are happy that you enjoyed your last minute stay at The Town House Lodge! Whats so great about staying at the motel is that there are no keys to enter the room but a 4 digit code. So whether you arrive on time or arrive later in the evening you can let yourself in! It's nice to hear that you had a comfortable night sleep too! We look forward to see you again. Thank you for the positive feed back.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Depending on when you're in town, hotels in Lake Placid can be very expensive. The Town House Lodge offers very nice rooms at an affordable price. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. There is also a full kitchen on site for anyone to use, which is pretty neat. Rooms come with free wifi, television, a mini-fridge, and an extremely efficient heating/air conditioning unit. I've stayed here on two separate occasions, and I slept like a baby on the beds provided. Comfortable mattresses and soft clean bedding.
Located within walking distance of downtown, and right down the road from the major grocery stores (Hannaford, Price Chopper), the lodge provides a convenient location while staying in Lake Placid.
I definitely plan on staying here again next time I visit, and I would recommend it to everyone looking for a place to stay in Lake Placid.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jack I, Owner at Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

It's nice to hear that you "slept like a baby"! We just recently renovated the rooms and one of the things we focused on is having
comfortable beds with nice sheets and pillows. I'm glad you slept well. We want to keep the Town House homey, comfortable and clean while staying at an affordable price. Thank you for a great review!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife booked a weekend away in Lake Placid for my upcoming birthday and coupled it together with the Snommegang beer festival. We looked around and settled on the Town House Lodge after reading several favorable reviews. It’s a short walk from the strip and where the event was being held.

A couple days before arrival we received an email with our check in code for our room. We had a queen suite (rm 36), which worked out perfect with 3 of us staying in the room. The main room had the queen bed with a table for 4 and a kitchenette. The other bedroom contained two twin beds. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Some other friends came over to hang out before going out on the town and it comfortably fit the 5 of us with room to spare. Only thing I wish we had done was check out the communal kitchen area earlier because it is a perfect hang out for a few friends to share some drinks. It wasn’t what we were expecting, the room looked straight out of a model home and even had fresh coffee brewed for guests. Had a contemporary rustic decor.

We wanted to do some snow showing the next day so we want to the front desk for recommendations. The girl there did not quite know what we were looking for so she got the owner on the phone right away and we had a great recommendation. We also received an invitation to join the owners for some warm mulled wine and cheese, but could not attended because we already had our beer festival planned the same time.

Overall a great experience and would definitely stay again. We are already planning a summer/fall hiking trip!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Jack I, Owner at Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello,

We are honored that you chose to spend your birthday here at the Town House Lodge! We are so glad you enjoyed your room and the communal kitchen! As new owners of the motel we have recently updated all of the rooms as well as the new communal kitchen. We are pleased to hear that you found our snow shoeing recommendation helpful! We hope to see you again soon at the Town House Lodge! Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Very clean, updated and spacious room with 2 Queen beds. Owners care about the place! Really cool 4 digit code for door lock so you simply show up and go to your room. Nice location up the street from down town. Would recommend absolutely!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi Matt!

We are so glad you were happy with the cleanliness and spaciousness of your room! As new owners we have just recently updated all of the motel rooms. We try to make our check-in/ check-out process as simple and easy as possible! The 4 digit code system for our doors seems to make things much easier for our guests! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed this system! Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again soon at the Town House Lodge!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say this is definitely not what I would have expected for a local hotel. The rooms were updated with modern furnishings. There was a nice wine and cheese gathering in the motel kitchen in the afternoon. The kitchen had a nice relaxing couch, large flat screen tv, and a huge dining room table. We met some nice guests who were also visiting Lake Placid. We were extremely surprised with the hospitality and the accommodations. We are planning another trip to Lake Placid in the summer. We will definitely be staying at the Town House lodge this summer and on future visits to Lake Placid.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

I am so happy that you were wowed at your stay at The Town House Lodge! We have updated the rooms and are still in the process of updating the rest of the facilities. I'm also glad that you had a chance to stop by the Communal Kitchen and have some mulled wine. It's nice to get a chance to mingle with the rest of the guests. I look forward to seeing you and your family again this summer! Thanks for the great review!