All reviewstimeshare exchangeresort staffbedroom unitgreat place to stayjacuzzi tubshops and restaurantsnice resortcross country skiingwalking distancein townthe main streethampton innunitssummerfireplaceamenitieslake
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed with another family for 3 nights in March, 2017, for a little ski getaway. This is a timeshare resort and booking a week (if available) with your dollars will cost you a fortune! Nicely sized condo units, with good amenities, and reasonably clean. Management was very friendly and accommodating. They were prompt to spread salt and clean up outside each and every morning. The place is strategically located meters away from the lake, and a few hundred meters from downtown main street. An excellent stay - will be looking to come back!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
LPCLOA, Manager at Lake Placid Club Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thanks for the kind words... looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I was going to give this review 2 stars but my main problem was the cleanliness of the condo. We stayed in #26 (off white/gray building behind the Hampton Inn). When we arrived the floors hadn't been vacuumed. We found pieces of potato chips and pretzels and some pink stuff on the carpet and even the stairs. My husband vacuumed it up so that was solved. But after about a couple hours of walking around barefoot, I was shocked to discover both the bottoms of our feet were black! So gross!!! I don't think the carpets or floor have been cleaned in a long time. We ended up wearing our pool flip flops in the condo the whole time. Also, it just didn't seem like the place was wiped down like the table and counter tops. So we purchased Lysol at Stewarts (easy walk) and did our own cleaning.

The sheets were a bit of a shock. There were a few human hairs on top of the sheet between the blanket. I'm not sure if they were washed or not. The linens just didn't have that nice freshly washed smell.

The bathroom and shower were clean. I probably would have freaked if that was not the case.

One other issue was that the A/C didn't work well in our room and we had to keep the door open all night. We shared the condo so it was awkward to have the door open. And being so warm it was hard to sleep before our Ironman.

I would strongly suggest that management look into both the A/C and the house keeping situation. Someone is not doing their job!

My husband did mention the uncleanliness of the condo and the staff at check-out were very nice and wrote down his complaint. They said we should have called them immediately and they would have taken care of it. I was worried we'd have to wait and I just wanted the place vacuumed immediately. We had a lot of gear to bring into the house for our ironman race.

On the plus side, the condo was in a convenient location to the lake and transition area so we were able to leave our car parked.

If we do the Ironman in the future we would ask that the condo is inspected for cleanliness before we arrive. But I really don't have any desire to stay in that condo ever again. A clean place is a priority for me.

Room Tip: Request that the room be inspected for cleanliness
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joycevt
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The condos are decent sized. Cleanliness was OK. The area for the event is premium with great views of the race just at the end of the driveway. We have stayed here before and they are consistent , probably will stay again. These are timeshares so expect those amenities. Walking distance for most to swim & eat. Stores, restaurants and other amusements within 2-5 miles.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherlin
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Call me crazy, but I was attracted to this place by the 1980's decor in the photographs: the personal saunas in each unit and the giant two story fireplaces that stretched up to the ceiling. I guess we didn't get enough of the yacht-rock lifestyle during that decade (we were too young to drink the Reuniti) and the chance to get to steep in cool late-century design is something we're always after. So, we were fairly disappointed that all the units have been recently renovated in a style which is no doubt appealing to the standard clientele of condo villages in this area. Maybe youngish couples in the 2040's will go looking for places to indulge their fetish for berber carpets and granite countertops, and if Lake Placid Club Lodges hasn't changed their decor by then this will be just the place for them.

Design elements aside, Lake Placid Club Lodges is nice enough. It's a little lonesome-feeling, kind of like any generic condos you'd find in highway proximity all over the country. That said, the big windows facing the golf course are a really nice feature, and the saunas are still functional and that is really cool. The property is very close to the small lake in town, and walking around it is nice. The people working in the office are extremely accommodating and friendly. We left a couple pairs of pants in one of the drawers and they cheerfully sent them back to us in a jiffy. They have a function on the TV where you can listen to radio stations, and they have some really interesting stations. I don't think we'd go back there, but we did enjoy our time there, and if what you want is just a simple, clean place to stay with plenty of room for family or friends, you might enjoy it too.

Room Tip: Ask to face the golf course or the lake.
Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mikhaela
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We came here as part of a timeshare exchange. It was a delightful experience. We've never been in the area before and this was a great introduction. Our unit was very spacious and had everything we needed. Some of the kitchen appliances and utensils need updating but overall, it was fine. The resort staff is terrific and very helpful. We wouldn't hesitate to come back. We really enjoyed it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple