See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and well kept but the blinds were missing. If you closed the blinds anyone outside could see into the room. Also they need to mark more clearly that there is no parking outside the cabin. A guy, who apparently needs to have a very large truck because he is making up for something else that is apparently small, turned his truck on at 430 am and kept it running for 30 mins.... It's not the owners fault at all just wanted to say big truck guy, I hate you.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mason B
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Pet friendly and clean. The suites are large and have a kitchenette with a small table. Perfect for breakfast and lunch. The decor is dated but everything works. The caretaker is very helpful and friendly. We always stay here when skiing in the Lake Placid area.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank momroadwarrior
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Has the advantage of being away from the main street, but close enough, while on the side of town to go to the ski slopes. The room was big enough for our two families to spend the evening playing board games together. The manager was very welcoming. Lake Placid had a warm feel to it, thanks to several free cookies and hot chocolate booths. The Olympic Center is worth a visit, it displays memories from the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Games.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

I booked last minute at this place and the owner Charlie fit me in for a room with no problem and was fine with my 75lb pitbull. He was very friendly and I didn't deal with any discrimination, which unfortunately I get a lot of it with my pitbull, even though he's very sweet of course. Rooms were simple and clean. I stayed in a cabin the next night and it was nice, clean, huge soaker tub and very quiet with a mountain view and flat screen TV. Charlie the owner even checked out the cabin before I got there to make sure it was all in order. 2 minute walk to any restaurant nearby and close drive to mount marcy and all the trails. If you're a hiker with a dog in tow, looking for a clean bed, a hot shower and peace and quiet at the end of hiking all day then this is your spot. I would recommend it to any other fellow hikers with their pups.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I agree with the negative reviews. This property is in an overall terrible state of neglect.
The main house, a lovely Victorian, could really be a showpiece with a paint job. Instead it is peeling over the entirety and advertises the general state of the Inn. I am a hiker and camper, I do not mind rustic or basic, but this is beyond that.

Cons: Pool is uncared for; weeds abound; cement broken or flaking; chair upholstery ripped; dust and spider in tub; old beer can holding up a storm window; flower box propped with unsightly cement block; bathroom wall dirty and flaking; no lake view in sight; lock on door flimsy; poor lighting.

Pros: Cottage was spacious; fire wood provided for a lovely fireplace that made a cold damp evening more pleasant; free wi-fi. Overall cleanliness was adequate but the general state made me uneasy about the cleanliness of the bedspreads, carpets and blinds.

I went intending to have a dinner in by the fireplace but went out because I wanted to spend as little time as possible inside.
Could not recommend until there are major changes.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple