All reviews delta blue main street limited parking double doors memory foam sitting area hotel lot mirror lake centrally located hotel walls are thin can't beat the location in town busy weekend clean towels would stay here again king bed the wi fi
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

There good and not so good.
Good:
>location,
>price,
>accepts dogs,
>sitting room adjacent to bedroom
Not so good:
>paper thin walls (hear everything nearby and above),
>lobby had an strong unpleasant cleaning solution odour,
>check in experience (one clerk, very slow, line waiting),
>only rooms on floor 5 or 6 facing the lake have a view worth looking at,
>in room with two beds with French doors between two rooms open, very tight fit to get into bedroom! (See photo)
>one of the two elevators has the star which indicates the main floor on the “LL” floor (wrong) while the other elevator is correctly labeled.
>made an error during online booking and it took me an hour on the phone to get it corrected. Had to “appeal” to the Ascend Customer Relations people.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelNorthWoods, General Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Toby,

Garrick Smith
Hotel North Woods
518-523-1818

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Old hotel with rooms updated however the sound proofing is terrible. A lack of privacy as you can hear guest next door very clearly - worse if there are loud children around. Location is right on main street so is a bonus. We had a high corner room which has more windows that let in more light otherwise it will be a very dark unit. Views are good from the higher level. Check in is very friendly and helpful. If you are not fussy, it is OK for a couple of nights stay.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
NicoleM7136, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

This hotel was a nice surprise. We stayed in town for a wedding weekend and enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. Plenty of space and in the heart of downtown Lake Placid. Staff were friendly. I would definitely recommend staying at the North Woods.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
NicoleM7136, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Alison,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed our quaint little hotel and our beautiful little town. We hope you had a fantastic time at the wedding and will visit again soon!
Cheers!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Spent 2 nights here this weekend..location is good. Left room in morning on Saturday no returning till after dinner..no housekeeping at all..no towels, shampoo, coffee etc. Went to go to breakfast on Sunday morning had to wait 20 minutes for a table with about 10 other people also waiting..strange because the restaurant was almost empty..strange. I broke my back a week ago and have a back brace on..they made a face at me when had to sit down at the restaurant at a table at the enterance until our table was ready. . Hotel isn't big on customer service. They wouldn't let me cancel or reschedule our trip. Don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
NicoleM7136, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thanks so much for the review and staying with us. I apologize that your room got missed and was not replenished. Unfortunately, it was a mistake and not a malicious act to ruin your stay. The good news is, is that we are staffed 24/7 and the houseman brought you your requested items just as soon as it was brought to our attention and I believe our front desk agent offered to make your bed and vacuum as many apologies were made.

Sunday morning, was a very busy day for our breakfast restaurant (which is amazing). I personal was the one taking names as we had a wait list of people that did arrive before you. What you may have not noticed, was we did have quite a few tables that got up around the same time, leaving the restaurant to look "almost empty". I apologize that you had to wait 20 minutes but I can guarantee you, there ARE reasons why guest are put on a waiting list, even if they may not think it makes sense or understand why. I do hope that your wait was worth it.

Again, I apologize that I do not know you personally and did not have anyway of knowing that you had a back brace on but, by no means would we not have offered you a comfortable place if you had brought your situation to someone's attention and had made it known as we have many seats in our lobby area from chairs to benches to leather couches that you are most welcome to relax upon.

I'm sorry that you were unable to cancel your trip and I advise everyone that looks to make a hotel, plane, dinner or any other kind of reservation to read carefully that it is not a NON-CANCELABLE reservation. Again, I can guarantee you there ARE reasons why some reservations are the price they are and also a non-cancelable reservation even if it may not make sense. I always suggest booking directly through the hotel reservationist to be sure you are getting exactly what you are looking for.

We hope the lack of towels and the 20 minute breakfast wait did not ruin your entire trip and that you were able to enjoy our beautiful little town and the people in it. We will take your review to heart as we do strive to improve to offer our guests with the best customer service.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Great location right on Main St if you like to frequent the shops. Rooms are nice and comfortable. Great view in front rooms onto Main St. Parking can be tough when busy weekend behind hotel. Wi-Fi can be updated to be better. Noisy at night on Fri and Sat as above a bar. No pool or fitness center. I knew about these going in however so if they were issue I wouldn't have booked. You pay for convenience of being right in the middle of everything which was cool.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
NicoleM7136, Manager at Hotel North Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay and the convience of being located right down town in beautiful Lake Placid. We wish you safe travels home and look forward to your next stay.