All reviews high peaks resort cool hotel play board games in town paddle boats dog friendly hotel main street location is great lobby area indoor and outdoor pools house keeping lodge feel shops and restaurants adjoining rooms ski lodge great room adirondack style
Reviewed 3 October 2018

When we checked into Lake House, the place was deserted with only a notice to greet us, telling us to check into the High Peaks Resort over the road. Although this was disappointing, the service and welcome at the desk was brilliant and apologies were made for the lack off staff and a closed bar (also disappointing) at Lake House. We were offered a room at High Peaks, but preferred Lake House. It was fine, but had more of a motel feel than a hotel, and of course because it was quiet and no-one at the bar or reception, it did remind me a bit of The Overlook in The Shining. That said, the rooms were clean and well proportioned - they all look over Mirror Lake which is beautiful and there was a pool, hot tub, canoes/kayaks and games area to make use of free of charge. Maybe it would have been livelier in high season?

Room Tip: All rooms look out over Mirror Lake!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

My family and friends stayed at Lake House for the weekend of my son's wedding at his home outside of Lake Placid. It was the perfect hotel for the group, seemed so intimate. We enjoyed the ambiance, the lake, the views, the pools, the gym, the kayaks and paddle boards and the proximity to town. The staff was wonderful and it was a memorable weekend for all!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We decided to take a short trip to Lake Placid immediately following our wedding in August and we are so happy to have spent that time at the Lake House. The property is amazing, and the staff was even better. Jordan, the staff person who checked us in, saw that we had some gifts when we walked in and asked if we were in town for a wedding. We said we actually were coming from ours and we had a good laugh. Little did we know, he ended up setting up a bottle of champagne in our room and the sweetest note welcoming us. I cried - I thought that kind of stuff only happened in movies.

We loved our room, but honestly probably spent more time hanging out on the lawn playing games, relaxing by the firepit, dining in the massive lounge area, and enjoying complimentary coffee on the deck. We also enjoyed the lake access and borrowed a couple kayaks.

We can't wait to visit again - this truly was one of the best trips we've ever taken and certainly our new favorite hotel.

Room Tip: I would request a second floor room closer to the main entrance for the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for my first time in Lake Placid! The view of Mirror Lake & the surrounding mountains from our balcony was absolutely breathtaking. The staff was friendly & very knowledgeable about the the activities you can enjoy & I even got texts asking how are stay was going. I was pleasantly surprised that the room included a mini fridge & I was even able to get a microwave upon request. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. As a side note, the room directory mentions a $5 credit to be used at the resort if you don't use housekeeping, but I didn't see that (but I also didn't care). You may want to check with the staff about it. I also wanted to mention that the location is close by to everything you may want to do & probably my favorite thing. I will definitely book the Lake House for our next visit!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Clean. Nice and comfortable but be sure to ask for 2nd floor if U want a view of the lake! No elevator! Walking distance to middle of town and good eateries close by——-not very reasonable though! Why the hell do you make me say more than I want to on these reviews???

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple