All reviews courtyard by marriott jfk airport federal circle the shuttle driver an early flight new york next morning front desk staff the hotel is clean one night stay short stay late check every half hour international flight coffee maker an overnight stay free shuttle
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Pasted below is a copy of the letter I sent to the general manager and others in the chain of command at Marriott, After no response by 10/31, I followed up with the Customer Service number. The man with whom, I spoke, John P., assured me I would receive a response in 3-5 days. Again, I have heard nothing. I noticed I was not the only guest to complain about intolerable noise levels in nearby rooms. Needless to say, Marriott has lost my business as a rewards member.

I have seen responses from the general manager on Trip Advisor over the past few days so perhaps he will eventually read my letter.

October 25, 2018

Dear Mr. Weed,

This letter is being written in response to your e-mail, requesting feedback on the JFK Marriott in Jamaica, NY. We stayed at the hotel the night of 10/23/2018. I selected the hotel because I am a Marriott member, the hotel is close to JFK and a free shuttle was provided.

I can say that the hotel did not exceed my expectations throughout my stay.

Let me start with the positive. You have some very fine employees, including your shuttle driver, George. He was polite, friendly and helpful. He took us to the airport on Wednesday morning, 10/24/18. Your afternoon shuttle driver on 10/23, whose name I did not catch, was equally polite and friendly. Your guest service representative, Arlenys [-], is a terrific addition to your staff. She is energetic, welcoming and professional. I am saying this not because she upgraded us to a nicer room (1108). She just exudes warmth. And your bartender, Abdool [-], was outstanding. Friendly and generous with his time as well as the food portions! We enjoyed a very good dinner, including a delicious chicken flatbread appetizer, a dynamite chicken enchilada soup and a generously sized chicken sandwich with fries and coleslaw.

So, what went wrong? I had hoped for a restful evening after a long flight from Barcelona to NYC, before we continued our 10 hour plus flight from JFK to Honolulu. What I experienced was anything but restful. I was concerned when I saw room 1108 was by an elevator but decided not to ask to switch to another room. While I expect noise in a hotel close to an airport, what I experienced was simply unacceptable. Twice during the night, I had to call hotel security due to intolerable noise levels coming from Room 1110. Security was apparently sent after I called at 11:30pm and again, after my second call at 1:30am. I was not informed about what happened after my two phone calls. No apology was offered to me. I actually walked out to the hotel corridor twice to confirm where the noise was coming from before I made the calls. Both the noise from ongoing conversations or arguments, coupled with the volume of the TV, made any rest impossible for me.

I expect rest at a hotel. That is what I paid for. I did not get any rest the night of 10/23. For that, I paid $203 for the room charge, plus an additional $35 in various taxes. It is interesting to note that I got far more rest at the American Airlines Admirals Club lounge, resting between connecting flights on 10/02 for only $118, than at a Marriott hotel.

I can only assume you were notified of my displeasure by the desk clerk with whom I spoke on 10/24/18. I am asking that you reconsider the charges posted to my Marriott credit card if you wish to retain my loyalty as a Marriott credit card holder.

I would appreciate a response no later than Wednesday, 10/31/18.

Thank you in advance for addressing my concerns

Room tip: Pick Another Hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for staying with us and for your long-time loyalty to our brand. We sincerely apologize for the noise caused by neighboring guests and for failing to resolve this to your total satisfaction. Please also accept our apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner. Although your experience is not typical of the service we provide, we'll be working with our entire team to avoid these issues moving forward. Thank you for alerting us, and we hope we have the chance to make it up to you during a future visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay if you're catching a flight at JFK.
Room was comfy and clean. We could see the sunrise from ours.
On-site restaurant could be improved but is still ok.
Special shoutout to the George the shuttle driver who helped us out with our luggage.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Odyssey56761718493,

Thank you for your kind feedback of Courtyard New York JFK Airport. We are glad you liked our proximity to the airport and were also impressed with your comfortable room. Also, we will definitely share your compliments with George. Thank you again, and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Charles Weed,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed the night at this hotel as we had an early morning flight from JFK.
Convenient, quite and reasonable. Decent restaurant for a quick meal. Free shuttle service to the airport every half hour.
It’s only a few minutes to the terminal.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear trevorviegas,

Thank you for sharing your review. It was great to read we provided a restful night sleep prior to your flight. Our first priority is for every guest to leave happy and relaxed, and we are glad this was your experience with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you to New York.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently after missing my fight. After making a last minute late night booking I arrived close to midnight and due to the late booking there was no upgrade or SPG platinum welcome recognition. (They had little welcome packs for platinum guests but apparently only for those who book early in the day). Anyway, the guy who checked me in was very friendly and kindly offered me a drink and snack as I was hungry and thirsty and there was not much else available in the area. This was much appreciated, the hotel also provides a free shuttle service to and from jfk. The room is very basic but comfortable. The tv works fine, there’s a little fridge and microwave and the beds are super comfortable and the power shower was amazing! Just what a weary traveler needs.m. All the front office staff were lovely particularly the guy who checked me in as well as Christian his colleague and a special mention for Brenda who was so friendly and professional on the phone.

Trip type: Travelled solo
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear aroundtheworld247365,

Thank you for staying overnight at Courtyard New York JFK Airport. We are glad to know our service and facilities met most of your expectations and that you had a comfortable time with us. I will share your praises with our entire team, especially with Christian and Brenda for doing a great job. Thanks again for your detailed feedback, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Ms.North is a great manager,she didn't even say she was. she from the start was very personable and knowledgeable about the area. She went out of her way to help me recover a lettef that i needed and her customer service was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Fritz M,

We appreciate the outstanding review! We are delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay. Thanks so much for acknowledging the excellent service you received from one of our associates. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with her. Thanks again from all of us at Courtyard New York JFK Airport, and we hope to see you soon.