“Excellent brunch”

Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Hudson
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Friendly wait staff with great brunch choices, something for everyone. Small, homespun decor with reasonable prices. French toast special was scrumptious. Good coffee too!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I went there this morning with a friend and will be back soon. It was incredible. I had the Tanzy platter and had gluten free toast as opposed to the pancake and am having only a snack for dinner tonight. It was just incredible. Go! Enjoy! It's a step into a pleasant past.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 5 February 2017

This was our first trip to Hudson, and we began our late Saturday morning with breakfast/lunch at Tanzy's. Although a sign said "Seat Yourselves" at the entrance, the waitress said we should wait for some tables to be cleared. So we waited. And waited. After about twenty minutes we were seated, with no offer of coffee. We waited some more. Annoyingly enough, the couple that came in after us was attended to and served before we were.

The small, cheerful waitstaff seemed overwhelmed. Clearly a local favorite, it's definitely a friendly place, and not without charm, albeit a tired charm, a little dingy around the edges.

Finally we placed our order. My husband chose a club sandwich; I opted for two eggs over easy with seasoned potatoes. I substituted the toast for a bagel with cream cheese.
It was about 25 minutes before our food arrived, and by the time it hit the table, my eggs were barely warm. The bagel was slightly burned.

All in all, the food is just okay. Mind you, there are specials that sound good, like blueberry pound cake french toast, and perhaps that's the real gem of the place, but I just wasn't in the mood for something that sweet. The coffee is average, the plates are hard plastic.

The bathroom consists of a single toilet and sink for both genders, and was clean.

However, it's probably the most reasonably priced meal you'll get on trendy Warren Street, which is packed with shops and restaurants that feature Manhattan prices.

Breakfast for two, with tip, cost us $23, and we left with our hunger satisfied, and palates unimpressed.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Day trip to Hudson NY. Looking for somewhere to have a laid back brunch type meal and am so wonderfully happy that we found Tanzy's!!! This place feels like you're having breakfast or lunch at home! They serve breakfast and lunch only. We had a breakfast special of French Toast with berries and cinnamon topped whipped cream with side orders of a breakfast meat. It was outstanding!!! The waitress was outstanding as well. She was fast efficient and always ready for whatever we needed. She also provided me with some local directions in a blink of an eye. Just a lovely little place to have a quiet meal!

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Ridgewalkersss
Reviewed 21 October 2016

This unique place has a homey, welcoming feel. My husband enjoyed a ham and cheddar cheese omelette and I had a short stack of pancakes with bacon. Both breakfasts were delicious and filling. Great food, great staff, great service, great prices... can't go wrong here!

Date of visit: October 2016