“Best eggplant parm either side of the Pond!”
Review of Italian Market

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Italian Market
Ranked #24 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Last Saturday we drove down to Hudson to stroll the antique shops. But the weather was too windy and cold, so we decided to check out the Italian Market that we had read about on other site! Reviewers had raved about the owner and the eggplant parm. So, we samples some, along with a plate of antipasto that was prepared just for us! The cold cuts were all from Italy and the taste said so. The eggplant parm was the best I have tried in my 65 years of eating good food! There are only three tables to sit, which makes the experience even more wonderful! Because of it we got to see the dish that was prepared for our neighboring table: a sumptuous collection of cooked greens and cheeses! This place is well worth a trip to Hudson, even from NY City!

1  Thank Seyfollah M

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I happened by this restaurant walking back to my hotel. I ordered the lasagna to go and it was really, really good! I wish I could go back and try the sandwiches! If you are in the area be sure and stop by and see Billy. He knows his food and is fun to talk to!

1  Thank NellieBamaBly
Reviewed 8 October 2016

This place is soooooo good. Its hard not to enjoy food here. They served up incredible sandwiches made with fresh italian deli options. Best lunch of our trip

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Luckily we picked up lots of brochures or we would have missed the Italian Market . Unlike most of the places in the brochures , this spot is on Columbia Street at 7th . Just a small place , you can sit there and eat at a few tables other take out a sandwich .
We are small eaters , so we ordered one sandwich to share . It was enormous ! On an Italian roll , it contained chicken , prosciutto , tomato , greens , peppers . The server would have added cheese but I am lactose intolerant . He made it hot but would have served it cold if we wanted it . There were bottled drinks and he can make any combination sandwich you desire.
We ate our sandwich in a park. It was wrapped separately and he gave us napkins so it was not a problem to dine outside . The sandwich was delicious .
This is a great place to go if you want to take a picnic .

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We were catching the train in Hudson to NY and came across this is a little hole in the wall authentic Italian sandwich shop and caterer off the main drag. We lunched and had sandwiches: Homemade Turkey Breast, Salami with fresh mozzarella, breaded eggplant, roasted peppers and balsamic & olive oil. Many other choices of fine Italian meats and cheeses and homemade entrees. The owner makes everything and is friendly and attentive. I recommend and would choose again if we are ever in Hudson.

1  Thank Cher H