All reviews waffles french toast enjoyed our stay amazing omelettes bottled water b and b historic sites penne train station perfect location each morning beautiful house breakfast was delicious antique shops long weekend warren st barry
Reviewed 24 May 2018

“Humanzee” I heard Hudson city B and B host, Barry, mention this word as he offered to drive me to the Hudson train station. If he had not driven me, I would have certainly missed my train and that would have led to a series of confusion at my destination. Barry’s response to my repeated “Thank you” was, “just like chimpanzee, we are a species ....humanzee...and we are meant to help each other in times of need or crisis. B and B hosts are generally a friendly sort, but Barry is not only friendly, he sure walked an extra mile just to help me out. I will never forget this help.

I have been visiting Hudson city for many years now and have made it a point to stay at Barry’s Hudson city B and B because not only Barry makes excellent breakfast, he again walks an extra mile to make a vegetarian breakfast for me....he also makes gluten-free, sugar-free, nut-free, vegan...whatever other special needs people have around their meal preferenses. Some of my friends take pictures of his breakfasts. I am not that much in to taking pictures, but I certainly remember when someone makes a special effort to make a guest feel welcome, happy, well taken care of...Barry does all of that without too much stress and hardship. He is a pro!

I will be visiting Hudson city again and will stay again at barry’s Hudson city B and B.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank eternalstudent11
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Barry is lovely and hospitable, and a wonderful host. The deluxe room was beautiful, with a lovely en suite bathroom, complete with a tub as well as a shower! Barry made the best breakfasts - waffles, banana bread, delicious eggs. The house is an easy 5 minute walk to Warren St. and a 10 minute walk to the train station. We would definitely come back to stay again. It would also be a great place for a large group to come stay together.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We came to Hudson a little by accident and called Hudson City Bed and Breakfast at the last minute for the next day.
Barry, the innkeeper was very welcoming, full of information and good tips for restaurants, bars, and walks.
Our bedroom was the king deluxe room with a four poster (very confortable) bed, which is bright, very large with a big ensuite quirky bathroom.
The bedding felt new and luxurious, the bed was immaculately made.
The place is very quirky and full of amazing antiques and books but is one of the cleanest place we have stayed in for a long time, with great attention to details.
The breakfast was fantastic and freshly cooked by Barry (I strongly recommend the fresh waffles with abricot)
We had a real magical 24h hours in Hudson mainly thanks to Barry, its recommendations, its lovely home and his welcome!
Thank you! We will be back!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is a charming BnB on Allen St, just a few short blocks away from the main Warren St drag. It is indeed ideally situated as you can make your way to just about anywhere, including restaurants, cafes, bars, antique shops and, the train station, in a matter of minutes.

Barry was such an excellent host. He took time out to orient us to the house and all the particulars, and was very helpful with information about the surrounding area. His waffles in the morning were some of the tastiest and something we looked forward to daily, during our stay there.

Overall a lovely experience. Hope to return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stayed here this week for 2 nights. The inn was great; lovely decorations, wonderful room with a comfortable bed and lots of space. Barry, our host, was very friendly and cooked excellent breakfasts each morning. Great location meant we could leave car parked and walk most of Hudson. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple