“Even better than people say”
Review of Ca' MEA

Ca' MEA
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017

To say that Ca' MEA is the best restaurant in Hudson is to give it less credit than it deserves. The food is sheer perfection, absolutely fresh, beautifully cooked, and plated without the pretension so common to eateries in its class, which seems meant to warn you not to try this at home. The waiters appear the minute you want them and never when you don't. Ca'MEA would be great at a normal urban price-point, but it's way below that. Try the pasta vongole.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined after a day visiting nearby tourist sites. We were promptly seated, without a reservation, though the place seemed to fill in later in the evening. Our server was efficient and accommodating. The bread service was crispy and favorable. We started with a delicious hot and light onion soup. It was tasty and not salty as some onion soups are prone to be. Our server applied grated Parmesan to taste - a nice touch. We shared a veal Parmesan as our entree, which came with a side of Rigatoni. We were disappointed as it did not deliver expectations. The veal was tender, but not crispy or hot. The pasta's sauce and veal's covering was dark and not at all tasty. It was very pedestrian and unaspiring. We finished by sharing a nice Tiramisu over coffee. Other than the entree the evening was nice.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I hesitated about writing a review after we ate at Ca’ MEA mid-August because our experience seemed to be an anomaly based on reviews. Now that I see others had the same experience we did I thought it was time to share. In short, we ate mid-week on a moderately busy night and were looking forward to a great dining experience. However, what we got was a mediocre meal with poor service at a high price for the area. Very disappointing for a restaurant with so many positive reviews. Makes me wonder if the reviews citing poor service all had the same waitress we did, but we’ll never know because we won’t be coming back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Totally enjoyed our meal in the sweet patio. Service was knowledgeable and friendly.
Great wine suggestions and selection.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

... I loved Ca'MEA last time I was in Hudson (in 2016) so went again when I visited this year.
The steak was good and the wine selection is great. The grilled vegetables were a disappointment though. They were so 'over-grilled' that they had shrunk up and were basically disintegrated. At $15 for a small plate of veg, slightly disappointing.

Been to Ca' MEA? Share your experiences!