“Disappointed”
Review of Wunderbar Bistro

Wunderbar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wunderbar Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Comfort food at affordable prices. Cozy atmosphere with a great beer, wine, and menu selection.
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Getting together with our New Paltz contingent of the family and tried to find a halfway point for dinner... Fabulous Hudson, of course!
SIL suggested Wunderbar, citing good buzz. Website looked good. Cozy in front of the fireplace, good service, good beer selection, but the food? Not so much. Schnitzel and sides arrived barely warm, the salmon overdone- along with the special chicken tacos- dry as dust. They did remove that from the check. The carrot cake was also dry... the chimichanga cheese cake was deep fried and very good. All in all, we’ll try Hudson again, but not Wunderbar for food.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Pretty regularly I stop by Wunderbar and have one of their great burgers. It's often the only time I actually drink beer -- I am more of a martini kind of person -- but there is something about the place that calls out burger and beer and I mean that in the best possible way. Occasionally, I bump into or bring a friend and we always have a good time.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I frequent Wunderbar- Seasonal drinks are pretty good here i just wish the service was a little faster. it took us over 40 minutes during lunch to get our soup and salad...Although the service wasn't up to par i could say the food and the drinks are actually pretty tasty. give them a chance It'll be worth the wait. They are extremely understaffed but the staff currently are very nice and accommodating. A cute eating area with a bar and off to the back is an attached lounge area with a jukebox-tv and sitting area.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Stopped in with a friend after late afternoon shopping on a Thursday.
We were starving and wanted to grab a bite to eat.
Got a table easily however the server was not very friendly and seemed annoyed by us.
The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. The garbage overflowing and just filthy.
I'm sorry but iif they let the bathroom get like that where people can see....what does the kitchen look like? My wine glass was dirty and we had to ask for water and napkins.
We ordered chicken wings, ( amongst a few other items) you need more than 1 napkin.
I would only go back for a drink, the food was not anything special.
Completely unimpressed..

Reviewed 21 December 2017

It's okay. I wanted comfort food and a relatively quiet place and this satisfied the desire. Friendly and easy.