All reviewstexas roadhousecracker barrelstrip mallfront deskbuffalo wild wingsnice hotelred robinlight snackevery eveninggas grillhuge showerpaper cupshotel facingnearby shoppingrooms are modernwithin walking distanceparking lot
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed one night and found the front deskstaff to be the highlight. It is a typical right-by-the-hiway hotel and was functional albeit tired. Breakfast was fine but the room was noisy due to highway sounds. The a/c unit was also loud Being next to the elevator didnt help

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bikkie913
Jackie D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Hello Bikkie913,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was tired and in need of freshening up. I am also sorry to hear that your a/c was loud and that highway sounds made your room noisy. We do offer a complimentary sleep program at our front desk that includes eye masks, ear plugs, a sound machine, personal fans, as well as specialty pillows if you are interested in that during a future stay.

It is great to hear that our front desk was the highlight of our hotel and that you were able to enjoy our free hot breakfast in the morning.

We hope to see you again in the future so we have a chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

A very comfortable, clean and quiet place to stay near Corning. It's about 15 minutes from the Corning Museum of Glass. All of the staff were excellent. They have a small laundry room for guests that we took advantage of. There is a TX Roadhouse restaurant, a Cracker Barrel and a Walmart all within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank Sandy817
Jackie D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Hello Sandy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

It is great to hear that your stay with us was clean, comfortable, and quiet. It also sounds like you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities on site which is always a plus.

We hope to see you again the next time you come to visit the Corning Museum of Glass or any of the other wonderful attractions in our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

My parents came for commencement and we stayed at the Fairfield for about two weeks. The staff was super friendly and accommodating in every way possible!! We've got a beautiful double queen bedroom, which was modern and had an European touch to it. Even the view towards the back of the shopping stores of one of the two plazas wasn't disturbing because this hotel is more about the stay and the bedrooms, which was clean and fairly new. Another huge plus was the diverse breakfast. But there are also a number of other dinning options (big chain names) and stores within walking distance (that's not always a given in upstate NY) if you prefer to eat off-site. You will get your money's worth there. It's truly an unforeseen diamond in Elmira's/ Horeshead's backyard and worth a stay! Thank you to Sue and the rest of the staff for the great time!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mb1517

Hello MB1517!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

We are thrilled we were able to host you and your family as our guests for two weeks. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of our free breakfast during your stay as well as utilize our location with other restaurants around.

I will be passing your kind words onto Sue as well as the rest of our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Elmira/Corning Area.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I had a room on the back of the hotel facing the rear of a shopping center. Very quiet! I asked for extra pillows before I arrived and had to remind them when I got there. I didn't like the feather pillows, so I asked housekeeping to exchange them for foam pillows. No problem. After two days, someone in housekeeping decided I didn't need those extra pillows. :-( Breakfast was nice, but I think Hilton's is better.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Jackie D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Hello Charles W!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that your room was quiet during your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our free breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that extra pillows were removed from your room during your stay. We have reviewed this with our entire team and used this as a training aid. Thank you for sharing that feedback with us so we can continue to improve our team.

We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

General Manger

Reviewed 19 July 2015

After a botched cottage rental in the Watkins Glen area, we had to drive for nearly 30 minutes to find a place to stay on 4th of July weekend. Sue at Fairfield Inn was an angel! She not only gave us a wonderful rate, but helped with the use of the grill and even offered to store our tons of food since we had anticipated having a full size fridge at the cottage. (We just packed it in more ice though). The hotel is very nice even setting out cheese and crackers and warm baked cookies for the guests. The warm continental breakfast was fabulous! Nice indoor pool and beautiful outside seating area with grill and firepit. Right by the mall if you need anything and of course Sweet Frog which just made my grandson's night. Also conveniently located right off the highway. Way to go Sue!!!! You were a blessing to me and my family.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Jackie D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Hello Cindy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am sorry to hear you ended up at our hotel after such rough circumstances; however I am thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate you for the weekend!

I will be passing your kind words onto Sue, who I know will be beyond appreciative that you not only took the time to write this but to specifically remember her name.

It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all our perks:the free breakfast, our pool, our outdoor seating area with grill and fire pit, and even utilize our location for some delicious frozen yogurt! That is exactly what we hope our guests are able to do during their stays with us.

We hope to see you again in the future!