“ICE CREAM FLIGHTS!”

Crooked Lake Ice Cream Parlor
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hammondsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Can't beat a 4-flavor ice cream flight for $6! The place was very busy so there was a wait but worth it! Cool little place

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Filthy carpeting, smiles are extra I guess unless you are a local, where were gloves or hand washing. Over priced as usual. Unfriendly staff, like they are doing you a favor.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The name does imply this is just an ice cream place. Apparently it is not, but we did stop in for the ice cream. They serve Gifford's ice cream and we found it to be delicious. Lots of fun, unique flavors, some were not listed on the menu. We had the Fly Fishin' flavor which was vanilla ice cream loaded with M&Ms, cookie dough bites, chocolate chips, and fudge sauced swirled throughout.

I agree with other reviewers - layout and organization is lacking, plus staff needs more guidance and direction. We didn't know if we were supposed to sit down, order at the counter, which counter to order at, where do you pay, where does the ice cream line form? That definitely needs to be improved on to make it a better experience. Create a system and then direct the staff to guide the customers as to what the system is. Business 101!

The name of the restaurant is confusing as well. I don't think restaurant when I see "Ice Cream Parlor". That leads to an identity crisis and confusion for the customer. Business 101!

I'll be back for the ice cream, but I'm not confident in coming for a meal.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

When you walk in you don’t know where to go and no one directed us. We found a spot at the ice cream counter and were waited on by a nice young lady. The ice cream was good but I didn’t appreciate having all the workers congregate behind the ice cream bar while I was enjoying my ice cream and complain about another worker who lost a $20 bill. It was cady and I don’t think I’ll stop by again. $3 for a cone with cady service is enough to make me think twice.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit back to Crooked Lake since their renovation. We were hoping for an improvement in the service, but we’re disappointed.
We love the new decor - great idea decorating with a Curtiss/bicycle theme.
Our waitress was friendly enough, but service was slow. Not all staff (I saw no one who looked over 30) were friendly. No one seemed to be in charge.
My fries arrived cold, and the bun for my chicken breast sandwich was much larger than the chicken. My husband ordered a large salad, but received the smaller size.
When I went to pay at the register, the area was crowded & I had to move to allow others by while waiting. Although the waitress saw I was waiting to pay, she took someone else before me & then walked away while I stood there.
Disappointed & won’t be returning.