“Don't get scared away from this gem!”

The Shamrock Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Gabriels
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 March 2018

So, I ended up with a new job in this area and because it was so far from home, I decided the day before my first day, I'd drive to the area. We found my workplace but it was about lunchtime. I saw this place on the map and said, 'why not?' When we saw the building me and husband said, "NOPE," and drove away. It just looked like a shabby old house with a light up sign. I'm from Dallas and my husband from Montreal, we're city folk... That's not a place we're used to seeing as somewhere you'd trust to eat.

Well, on a day at my new job, I was told that the food was really worth it, so I decided to try it out. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. I've been back twice, gotten the cheeseburger each time. French fries are hand cut, excellent. Burger is local beef and generous portioned. I see a ton of locals in there and it's probably their best kept secret. Just a reminder to bring cash is it's cash only.

The atmosphere is really amazing when you take the time to look around. There's messages and drawings on the ceiling, a lot of signage, it is indeed a shabby house with a light up sign, but the food is amazing, and it's very homey. Don't get scared away.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Can't go wrong with this one. Be patient, take your time. Lots of drink selections and good, GOOD food to choose from.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Dive bar with year round St. Patty's day vibe and decorations. The place was busy and I arrived half an hour early before my large group arrived I had to wait for a table but by the time my group arrived we had tables. I sat at the bar waiting and received a well poured drink. When my group arrived there was only one person waiting tables. The menu warns that there is only one chef and every order is made to order. It took some time for our food to arrive. The food is your normal dive bar food but if you ask for extra crispy wings they know how to make them! Service was average and I didn't find anything special or different to make this dive bar stand out from the rest. The bill was very reasonable for the amount of food we ordered.

Cash only (they have an ATM on site)
They had a TV but it wasn't on (not sure if it was working)

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stopped in here on a mountain motorcycle ride with the Legion Riders. It is off the beaten trail, not far from that other legendary place Donnelly's Ice Cream. Outside, it looks like a bit of a run down old house and there is very little signage identifying it as anything other than a house.

Inside, it is warm and cozy, with a long bar, several tables, a pool table, and lots of of various decor. The menu is not huge, but it has something for everyone. We stopped for lunch, so I had the (local Kilcoyne Angus) cheeseburger with fries and my companions tried the prime rib sandwich, the fish sandwich, and the (big!) BLT. One of us has the homemade jalapeno popper... fresh and god looking. All of the food was fresh and tasty, with no complaints. The bartender is also the server and her Mom does the cooking. Yes, wait times are a bit longer, but the place is so comfy and friendly that you won't notice.

This is a great little place to stop on a motorcycle, have a cold drink and a bite to eat. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My husband and I stopped in here on the way home from my doctor appointment in Saranac Lake. I found it on Trip Advisor and thought we would give it a try. It was fantastic. The food was so good and so fresh. Can I say "prepared with love." We will go back.