Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sonia B

Wknd planning

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jun 2024
We came for my daughter’s commencement. There are few things that was not expected from Hilton hotels . Very poor quality, there was no safety locker in the room , hot water in shower took time to maneuver. The best part of the hotel is shuttle ride to and from airport . Front desk helped to get taxi .
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 5 Jun 2024
Dear E3988Gksoniab,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and staying with us. We are pleased you loved our efficient shuttle service. However, we are sorry for issues you encountered in your room and for not meeting your expectations with lack of in-room amenities. Your feedback is important to us as it helps to improve our guest experience going forward. This will be addressed appropriately, and we hope you will return so we can provide you with the exceptional hospitality you deserve on your next visit to the area.

$490
2.9 km from LaGuardia Plaza Hotel
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in East Elmhurst
1,223 results
All reviews new york laguardia plaza free shuttle citi field public transportation airport shuttle nyc subway driver mets
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2024

Room smelled like someone smoked a pack of Newports. It’s supposed to be non smoking hotel. But they left the window open to air it out and warm up the room. Lucky for me the air conditioner was not working. Food was good and staff were friendly. Don’t stay here if it summer time, another customer was complaining to the front desk about AC not working when I checked in. I suspect they know it’s a problem and actually make the problem.

Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2024

Dear Ambassador312338,

Thank you for evaluating your stay. Please accept our apologies for the concerns you had with your room upon arrival. We want every guest to have a memorable stay; therefore, we regret this was not your experience. This will be addressed appropriately, and we hope you will return so we can provide you with the exceptional hospitality you deserve on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 May 2024

The lobby area was beautiful and both rooms I stayed in were very clean and spacious for NY. Unfortunately the first room had no working AC. I called the front desk and requested it be fixed while I was gone to work. I stopped by the desk, prior to leaving for the day, to ensure I wouldn’t return to the very hot room. Came back and the room was 78 degrees and nobody had been in to repair. I understand things break. I don’t understand not responding to guest requests. The front desk, in all my dealings with them seemed disinterested at best with the exception of the woman man who immediately moved me to another room after my return from work. Wish I had gotten her name. Friendly and helpful. The others were not. Not rude just made it seem as if guests were a nuisance. I spoke with Effie, the GM. She was very kind and also helpful when I expressed my concerns about the lack of response to the situation. I decided to extend my stay because the location was perfect and I truly find it to be a nice place. I was quoted a rate for my last 4 nights. I received the bill after checking out and the rate is anywhere from 60-150 more per night than I was quoted. I specifically asked the guy if the rate of $209 was the rate for each additional night and was told yes. Very disappointing. His female co-worker was hanging all over him though and perhaps he was distracted. This was on the overnight shift. I understand things get boring but you are there to do a job…accurately. All in all, if you don’t have a problem that requires maintenance and don’t have to interact with the front desk, it’s a beautiful hotel. I do want to mention that the housekeeping staff was wonderful! Friendly, helpful and smiling.

Room tip: Avoid room 265
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2024

Dear kimberlybB8249EO,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered in your initial room and that our front desk associates were not attentive to your requests. However, we are glad we were able to move you to another guest room and regret the inconvenience caused to you. Furthermore, we are sorry for the concern you had with the rate during your visit and for any miscommunication from our team. We invite you to reach out to us directly, as we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further. Thank you once more, and we hope to hear from you soon.

That said, we are glad you liked our beautiful lobby, fantastic location, and the great service you received from our housekeeping team. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 22 May 2024

I stayed here because it was a "host hotel" for the Westminster Dog Show. A friend had a great stay here last year, and the hotel was on the shuttle bus line for the show, so I decided to stay this year.

When I first walked in to my room, I noticed the window was open 2 or 3 inches. It didn't occur to me that most hotel windows don't open, rather I wondered if housekeeping had left it open for a reason... The room was clean enough and seemed fine. I used the bathroom, and the toilet didn't seem to flush properly. (As it turned out, it hadn't flushed at all!) My travel partner arrived several hours later, and when she used the toilet we found it wasn't flushing properly.

The next morning, my friend told me that she'd had to reach into the tank to flush the bowl in the overnight hours, as the chain had come off. We were headed out early and I stopped at the front desk to report the toilet issue.

We returned to the room around 5pm and found the toilet still wasn't right. We reported it again, and went to dinner. Upon our return to the room after dinner, we were hit in the face with the smell of sewage. We called the front desk, and they gave us a different room, and coupons for breakfast.

We moved to the new room, which had a nice view of NYC and the toilet worked! The window of this room opened, as well. It was surprising to see how wide it opened, but I was ultimately grateful for that. The thermostat was set to 65 degrees, but the room was 74 degrees. I couldn't get the temp of the room down, except by opening the window. The temperature of the water in the shower was very difficult to adjust. My friend took a cold shower... I found that the knob needed to be turned a full 360 degrees around to find the warm water... and then it took a while to warm up.

On Sunday, we decided to use the breakfast coupons for the $25 buffet breakast. The "scrambled eggs" appeared to be powdered eggs. The bacon tasted greasy and fatty. The breakfast casserole was firm and unpleasant. The waffle maker was a nice option, but the resulting waffles were rather bland (and there was "pancake syrup" -- corn syrup with maple flavoring). The coffee wasn't good, either. We both ended up having yogurt. The meal was definitely not worth the price.

The hotel bar/restaurant was overwhelmed each night. The hotel was sold out for the dog show, and many of the exhibitors didn't want to go out for meals. Plus, the only way to watch the dog show (on Fox Sports 1) was to go to watch in the bar... this channel was not available in our rooms. We ordered food to be delivered, and I needed to get some silverware or plastic ware from the bar... The bartender barely had a second to even notice I was standing there, never mind hand me silverware.

There is a parking lot on site, but there is no elevator. My business partner has trouble with stairs and we had to park on the upper level and walk down. There is no accessible handicapped parking in front of the building... The only accessible spots were in the parking garage. (There were a couple of handicap spots in front of the sister hotel, the Hampton Inn...)

We ended up having breakfast the last morning in another hotel, across the street. The price was less and the food was vastly better.

The week before I checked in, I learned that the hotel had recently become a part of the Hilton chain. While I was waiting for the shuttle back to the airport, I saw several men walking thru the lobby, talking about this change and that... I approached and learned that one of the men is the facilities manager. I shared with him all of the issues we'd had during our stay, and he assured me that the bathrooms are the first priority for the renovation that would be done in the next year.

While the staff was pleasant, it was disappointing that I needed to spend so much time talking to them.

Room tip: Bring your own pillow. The pillows on the bed are oddly short and squat, think a firm square-ish shape in a pillowcase.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2024

Dear 320pamelal,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your stay with us. We never want our guests to leave unhappy, and from your review, it is clear that we let you down. We apologize for the maintenance issues you and your partner encountered in the assigned rooms and for the lack of satisfactory assistance from our front desk. Please be assured we will follow up on your comments appropriately and will take measures to ensure we focus on providing flawless hospitality and accommodations to our guests. Furthermore, we are sorry for your disappointment with regard to the breakfast and coffee we served. We will follow up on your concerns with our culinary team to ensure we focus on providing delicious, high-quality meals and drinks to our guests. We are grateful for all of your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience on all levels. We appreciate your patience and hope to have another chance to make a favorable impression.

Reviewed 4 May 2024

My recent stay at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel was generally positive, with a few notable strengths and some minor drawbacks. The hotel shines with its spacious and clean rooms, though I noted that the shower cubicle floor could use a bit more attention. The proximity to the airport is a major plus, enhanced by a reliable shuttle service that arrives within 15 to 30 minutes after calling, along with a complimentary shuttle to the subway for city explorations.

The hotel staff were friendly and added a welcoming touch to the experience. Although I didn’t dine in-house, having access to a good selection of meals via nearby Uber Eats was convenient.

However, a notable discomfort was the pillows provided in the rooms. They were too big and hard, which might be a drawback for guests who prefer softer, smaller pillows for a good night’s sleep.

Overall, LaGuardia Plaza Hotel offers a good stay with excellent room size and convenient transport options, making it suitable for both short and longer visits, despite the need for minor improvements in room amenities and cleanliness.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2024

Dear prasadu2014,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to learn that you found our spacious and well-maintained rooms to your liking. Your positive remarks about the convenient proximity to the airport and the shuttle service are truly gratifying. Additionally, we are glad to hear that our associates contributed to making your stay enjoyable. We acknowledge your feedback regarding the pillows and assure you that we will address this appropriately to ensure a more comfortable rest for our guests in the future. It was our pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional stay.

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2024 via mobile

Our room is missing a shower curtain. For context, this room has an accessible/roll-in shower, and the lip at the bottom will not prevent water from collecting on the bathroom floor. This is a serious slip hazard. We informed the front desk about this and requested a new room. We were assured the shower curtain could be installed faster than a new room could be prepared for us (about 1 hour for a new room). After over 2 hours, I was finally informed that they didn’t have a shower rod available to install the curtain. It’s after midnight and my husband is now asleep, so the time for switching rooms has passed.

As a Diamond Hilton member, I expected better service than this. We are only here for one night as we have a 6am flight out of LGA and thought this would be convenient. Very disappointing so far and don’t see it getting any better before we check out in a few hours.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Dear MeTVM,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand of hotel and for selecting us. We want our guests to experience a comfortable and seamless visit; therefore, we regret the issue outlined with regard to the shower and the way your concerns have been handled. Concerns like yours are taken seriously, and we will convey this to the appropriate individuals. Thank you once again for your patience