All reviews bob evans front desk the breakfast area free breakfast room was clean chinese buffet off the highway indoor pool bagels booked this hotel would stay again niagara falls cookies glass museum stayed for one night bacon hot breakfast
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I liked this hotel for a quick stop. The room could have been a bit cleaner (for example, the a.c. Unit looked a little broken, outdated, and had stains on it), but the sheets smelled and looked clean. Bathroom was really small.

Staff was super friendly. Breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, chobani yogurt, v8, etc.

Main complaint: they still use Styrofoam plates and bowls for breakfast. Disappointing that Marriott isn't being more environmentally conscious.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Colleen B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

travelbugNY7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. I have shared your feedback about the air conditioner to the appropriate hotel team to ensure that it is taken care of. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Fairfield Inn just rolled out the new breakfast and the environmentally friendly plates and bowls are coming next! I hope the next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again!

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I habitually stay at Marriott hotels when I travel as I always know I will get a decent room at a reasonable rates.

I am very disappointed in the Fairfield Inn in Corning however.

The bed is saggy, the sheets are scratchy and the shower is draining slow.

I complained about the shower this morning and asked that it be fixed. Just checked this evening and it was not fixed. I complained at the front desk and was told there is no maintenance staff on the weekend. Seriously?

I will not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Colleen B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Carmela,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these are isolated incidents. Every procedure we have at place in the hotel is to ensure guests have a great experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of your expectations during this stay. Please accept my sincere apology and I do hope if in the Corning area again you will give us another chance.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

on a long road trip back from canada and this was our first over-nite stop...as chase/marriott reward members, we always stay @ their properties...this was as expected...check in was a breeze, rooms were clean and comfortable and most importantly, we felt safe... it was a wonderful stay!...we slept comfortably and were ready for the corning museum the following day...as others have suggested, a larger breakfast area is needed...we enjoyed our nite and would recommend this hotel to others...

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Mjpk25,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you found check in to be so easy and that the rooms were clean and comfortable. I will be sure to let my staff know! I hope the next time you are in the Corning area you will come stay with us again!

Thank you!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We needed an overnight with a basic room, but were surprised with a clean pool that was open after supper, and good warm breakfast along with the typical continental fare. We were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, and had no noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Colleen B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Having our pool open until 11 pm is nice for guests like yourself who would like to take advantage of that amenity after dinner. Thank you for the great review and we hope you stay with us again if you travel through the Corning area!

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

The chap on reception went out of his way to help us (we stayed night 11 October). Rooms lovely beds comfortable bathroom and toiletries adequate (shower cap necessary Marriott!). We would stay again but it is away from the nicer restaurants so we had to drive to dinner

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Colleen B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside through tripadvisor.

As a Valued Customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. We'd like to advise you that anytime you are missing an amenity to contact the front desk. We have a variety of amenities at the ready just in case, including shower caps.