See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Reservation process is iffy, rooms are well worn. Prices scaled by occupancy. On the plus, walking distance to CMAC. Room was reasonable clean. I had to do toilet repair in mid of night to get it to stop running.

Room Tip: all rooms equal
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I was attending an event in the Canandaigua area and booked a room at The Finger Lakes Lodge because of it's close proximity to the event. After checking in I entered my room and detected a faint smell of cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking room. The smell wasn't too overpowering so I decided to ignore it. The next thing that I discovered was that there was no soap in the bathroom. Fortunately the front desk was still open and the lady there was able to find me some soap. There also wasn't any facial tissue in the room but I worked around this by using toilet paper.
That night when I took a shower I noticed that one of the towels was blood stained. There were several bath towels available so I used a different one and prayed that it was clean. As I took my shower, I realized that the tub was not draining. By the time I was done, I was standing in three inches of water. I tried to report this the next morning but the front desk had not opened yet when I left for my event.
Another problem that I encountered was with the wi-fi. My first night in the room it worked, although very slowly. The following morning and evening it would not work at all.
In addition to these things, the room had no phone,clock,coffee maker or ice bucket. The room had an adequate number of chairs but they had upholstered seats that all had some kind of dark stains on them. I was glad I didn't know what caused them.
The room, while not a total disaster, could use some spiffing up. There were several signs of low budget maintenance.
It is a certainty that I will not be staying at this Motel again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Sterling T
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

I made a reservation the day of and when I arrived there was nobody there. Upon calling I was very casually told by whom I believe is an employee that there were no rooms and sorry. I had no explanation as to why I was able to reserve a room and no real understanding of what happened.. I think in this situation the owner should have contacted me directly and offered some sort of resolution. If you're going to have rooms listed online as available and people are going to drive in you should make sure that the websites you use are up to date. This was extremely frustrating.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelklein
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Room had two double beds and was supposed to be non-smoking. One bed had springs sticking up all over the bed. You could not sleep in it. Room was permeated with smoke although the room was supposed to be non-smoking. Clicker on TV did not work. When I called after 8 PM, I got an answering machine but no return call.
I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL!

Room Tip: Do not ever stay at this motel. It should be closed down.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank 14bluejay
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Our romantic getaway was a home run. Love how we felt way back in the country yet still in a modern atmosphere, The food was to die for, each night something differenty to liven up our taste buds.... Definitely planning another trip!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple