All reviews front desk the breakfast area excellent hotel clean hotel hi express handicap accessible room ample breakfast would stay here again standard holiday inn cinnamon rolls long distance the general manager a great stay the main highway large tv bed was comfortable third floor
Reviewed 22 January 2017

There are less expensive place to stay in Canandaigua, but for comfort and quiet, this place can't be beat. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Outlets are located on the base of the lamps on the desk, saving bending and stooping to plug in items.

The hot breakfast is a nice tough. Although it's heated (as opposed to freshly prepared in a kitchen), the biscuits are nice, they offer turkey sausage as an option and the cinnamon rolls are nicely gooey. They also have hard-boiled eggs in the fridge.

If you stay, ask for an even numbered room - you'll get a view of the lake outlet instead of the parking lot.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank joe-grimaldi
Courtney K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you for such a great review! We value our guests opinions and feedback. It's especially nice to hear what was enjoyed during the stay. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I stayed here on a recent trip and was very happy with my choice. The staff were very friendly. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The morning breakfast was up to typical Holiday Inn standards. I'll be back this coming weekend and am sure the stay will be excellent again. Excellent location with regards to my son's college so this will be my go to moving forward.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Steve M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will continue to stay with us while your Son attends college.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

I was recently here for a 4 night stay and I would not hesitate to stay again if in the area. First I'll start with the fact that autumn in upstate New York is absolutely spectacular so it was a perfect time to visit. Second, this Holiday Inn Express completely impressed me from beginning to end. It appears fairly new and is in a great location. It is impeccably clean and the room was spotless and very tastefully and comfortably decorated. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. On one evening we encountered a small problem and the manager on duty displayed outstanding customer service. I wish I got his name as he certainly deserves the recognition.

The lobby was decorated for Halloween and was always warm and inviting. And the complimentary breakfast was great with a very comfortable dining area.

I just can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay here. Other than the lovely Acorn Inn, this is the BEST option in the area!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ChristineEsq
Steve M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff works very hard to provide exceptional service and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed here on a recent trip and were very happy with our choice. The staff were very friendly. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The morning breakfast was up to typical Holiday Inn standards. This would be our choice again if we find ourselves in the area again. Great job.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Steve M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate all feedback because that is what helps us train employees to provide great experiences for our guests.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

It was my birthday weekend. We checked in & left immediately to Naples. We returned about 7 so we could unpack & settle in to watch the OSU game. About 7:30 I turned on the TV. Nothing. Hubby went to desk, & the young man said he would need to find batteries for the remote & a "way" to open it up. About 7:50, new batteries were in. Still nothing. Young man looks at TV, which is beautifully mounted on a frame above the dresser, going full length & attached to dresser. We discover that there's no way to get to the back of the tv. Hmmmm...he looks at us & asks if we would like to have another room. By this time I'm missing the game. Hubby goes to desk with him to look for another room. Good news...it's 2 rooms down. Bad news...it's 2 queen beds, not a king. We pack up & shove everything into the new room. OSU loses. We go to bed. These cannot be queen beds. They have to be full beds. Wish I had a tape measure. Beds were about the worst I've ever slept on at IHG hotels, of which we are Gold Club members. Horrible. I have fibro & 2 hip replacements. To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. Then, in searching for outlets for our phones, I discover 2 old q-tips & accumulated filth behind the nightstand. Ugh. The next night, we try to watch Fox News. Yep...the only channel that doesn't work. Unbelievable.

This all said...I want to point out the positives. First...beautifully decorated (except for the red & black carpet). Second, best view from a window next to Crowne Plaza in Lake Placid. Its a very cool lagoon. Just gorgeous. Young man at desk tried. He did the best he could. I DO Feel that we should've had more than $30 in accommodation (extra points would've been nice), but I also understand that things happen. Third, I was pleased that there are new "special requests" for reservations, & they were met.

So all in all, we were pleased by some things, & disappointed in others. Especially bed comfort & size. Just horrible.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Steve M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

We are so sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay with us. It is disheartening to read this review because all staff strive everyday to ensure that every guest has a great experience and a wonderful stay. Unfortunately, we missed some crucial items and for that I apologize. The staff would like to thank you so much for sharing the positive aspects in this review because as mentioned above, they work really hard everyday and have the passion to make every guests stay perfect.