Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marilyna R
Plainville, Connecticut

Awesome stay!! Clean, confortable and homey...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Oct 2011
Two of my best friends from High School and I decided to spend a girls weekend in New York. Because we made a last minute decision, it was a struggle to find a nice place to spend the weekend without breaking the bank. The Bronx Guesthouse saved our lives!! Denise is an awesome hostess!! The house is cute, confortable and homey. The bathroom is extremely clean. The location is nice because it's close to the Subway. The breakfasts were tasty and filling. On the last day, Denise cooked a awesome frittata, homemade croissants and coffee. It was soo yummy! Our room had two beds (double and single in a nook), a large closet, small desk and tv. It was quiet at night and every morning we woke up happy and refreshed. The neighborhood is a working class enviroment with inexpensive places to grab a bite to eat. The only thing I would change it's that the Subway ride felt a bit long, but it was totally worth it. Denise thanks for your attention to detail. We'll be back!!
Date of stay: October 2011
Room Tip: Stayed at the Sandra's room...the beds were confortable and clean and had enough closet space...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Fitness centre
    $263
7.3 km from The Bronx Guesthouse
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have stayed at many Northeastern and New England B&B's and I have generally had a good experience, but it is always the owners of the B&B's that make the difference between good and great. Owner Denise, at the Bronx Guesthouse, makes the difference between your having and okay experience and a great experience by putting her guest's desires first and foremost. When any of the inevitable situations arise for her guests, I have found Denise willing to provide immediate attention to their comfort and convenience, no matter what it takes. When looking for a B&B, having an advocate like Denise to make your stay enjoyable is exactly what every traveler wants. She'll ensure that your stay at the Bronx Guesthouse and your visit to the area will be most enjoyable so that you'll definitely want to return again in the future.

Date of stay: September 2010
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vaniadog
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I found my Home far from Home, thank you so so so much Denise! I spent a beautiful month in Bronx Guest House, a piece of Heaven in the big busy Apple! I have got a generous rich breakfast with all kind of drinks and cereals and fruits and i also had the chance to eat a wonderful breakfast cooked from Denise (the owner) in person wich was awsome! Besides that i found any kind of help from the owner wich is always ready to give you advices about where to go and what to do in NY and always at your disposal for any kind of information or request. She's amazingly kind and friendly. Hospitality and confort in a warm quite atmosphere is absolutely possible in the Bronx thanx to you Denise! I miss you Denise and Lucy and Flashy ecc..ecc.. hopefully see we soon at Bronx Guest House!

waves from Marta (Italy)

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The hospitality and attention to detail was refreshing. My stay felt cozy and luxurious. Accommodations were immaculate and charmed with good sense of style. I'm sure to be a repeat-customer on my next trip to United States. THANK YOU.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rahamilton
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Thank you so very much for wonderful hospitality. We felt at home while away from home.
When we arrived it was cold and rainy and you quickly offered us warm drinks and blankets, You
don’t get that kind of service at a regular hotel, thank you again for making our stay comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank leosam
Reviewed 12 January 2008

Worst experience I've ever had. I've been to Indonesia right after the tsunami and Lebanon during a war, neither of these two places were as bad as the Bronx Guest House.
After we were agreed that it would be best for my fiance and I to leave (because of the unsafe neighborhood) in which we were robbed at knife point. They didn't even refund the remaining two nights that we did not stay there.
My advice to travelers is to not book a room in this place. Spend the extra money somewhere else and be safe.

Take care,