Lowest prices for your stay
$389
Priceline
$407
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
$337
CRCItaly
Italy

good value for experienced travelers

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Oct 2016
NYC hotels are ridiculously expensive, so I was very happy to find this place at just over $100 a night (including all fees and taxes). I stayed one night, midweek, in August. The AC unit cooled the room down immediately, which was great. The room was very clean, as were the shared bathrooms. I was a bit concerned about booking a place with a shared bath, but I had no problem using them. The one time a guest was taking a long shower, I simply used the empty bathroom on the next floor. The staff was friendly, especially Yanelle.

The room was quieter than I expected, maybe because it faced a yard, rather than the street. If possible, request a room facing this way.

I think this place is probably best for experienced travelers, or people who have lived in a city before, because the neighborhood feels a bit borderline. I had no problems and it is very near a subway. but you need to use common sense. I actually liked getting to know a new neighborhood, and would stay in the Bronx and at this hotel again.
Date of stay: August 2016
    $390
8.0 km from Morris Guest House
6.9 km from Morris Guest House
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2016

When we arrived yes staff was friendly but she was confused about the rates
She tried to over charge us at first and she corrected her mistake so we stayed but
When we checked out they booked us a room for an entire week which was ridiculous
Be careful while using your creditcard or debit card they stole hundreds of dollars

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tia B
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I stayed for two days at the Morris Guest House. I have lived in the Bronx years ago, and I was familiar with the location. It is a nice place to stay on a a budget. I shared a bathroom, but that did not bother me. I believe that there were four others sharing the bath. The Internet is very good, and available throught the building. The neighborhood seems a bit sketchy, but most of the people were friendly. I recommend the resturent Liberato nearby on Burnside Avenue to eat dinner. It is authentic food from the Dominican Republic.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

My son and I booked this B&B (no breakfast served) and after the initial getting used to the area we both found the place better than ok.

Parking is a problem and you have to shift your car a lot to avoid tickets ... Or for $15 a 24hr period you park up the road.

The place ain't the Hilton but it's clean and staff are nice.

They provided a towel and soaps but do not change or clean room during stay.

A full kitchen is shared.

5% off with cash at reception.

Experience the real Bronx and try this place ... I'd use again !

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I am from the Czech republic, I travelled to NY with my mother to spend nice time for a nice price. Highly recommend this hotel for that all. Clean, 30 min by subway to centrum and I did not have any problem. Can reccomend you :)

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jan Z
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

When I booked this room I was a little skeptical. After signing in to get the key to my room, I was relieved to find it was very decent. The room was very clean and neat. I was actually looking forward to a good nights rest. Unfortunately after I left out and later returned, there was no parking whatsoever. I drove around for a whole hour only to find myself back in front of the Morris guest house in a restricted parking space. I am still sitting in a no parking zone. I am so exhausted! I'm sure the stay would be comfortable if only i could
Find parking and get in. To bad it looks like that won't be happening. It is now 3:55 am. So as I sit in my car with my bags upstairs all I can think about is how comfortable that bed looked. (SMH) I gave this place a poor rating because the whole parking situation ruined what could have been a pleasant experience. If you plan on driving your own vehicle this is not a good place to stay, but If you plan on cabbing it, or using public transportation this might be a good choice.

Date of stay: November 2015