Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mayra M
Lake Worth, Florida

Clean and well managed

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2023via mobile
When I chose this hotel, I was looking for proximity to my next day’s appointment. It is a beautiful, well maintained and managed building with historical architecture. The breakfast budget was great. I was pleasantly impressed when the last day as I was checking out at 5 am, the desk manager walked me out to meet my ride and checked the car and the driver and wished me a great trip back home. I felt protected and special as a costumer.
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: No parking, busy street
Trip type: Travelled on business
  • ZenHotels.com
    $247
6.1 km from Opera House Hotel
View more hotels in Bronx
All reviews great hotel new york subway station bagels high ceilings hidden gem continental breakfast the hotel is clean after dark an oasis front desk staff staying at this hotel neighborhood manhattan carlos parking diamond
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2023 via mobile

Inside of the hotel, staff, gym, rooms are all great. I felt like I was in a Marriott or Hilton. The continental breakfast had coffee, juices, bagels, pastries, and a bunch of seats. The only real negative is outside the hotel. There are no restaurants nearby, and there is trash all over the streets with a ton of vendors all over the place. Hopefully it gets cleaned up because it’s not a nice area to walk around or do anything. It’s about a two minute walk to the subway.

Room tip: Just realize that you need to Uber or order delivery to get any lunch or dinner. Nothing within a 10 min walk
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2023 via mobile

Place is very clean and rooms are spacious. Staff is very helpful. Beds are comfy, and there is some noise because our room faced the street, but not intolerable. Noise starts as the day starts and quiets as evening comes. Although this place is within walking distance to subway stop, the location itself is pretty far from everything. We were visiting Fordham and it still took a good 30-40 minutes. If you’re going to Manhattan or even Harlem, it’s quite a trek. Other than that, it’s a nice place to stay, and I would say if you intend to travel mostly to NYC you’re better looking at a closer location.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Longlasting99
Reviewed 14 October 2022

It was a great stay from the very beginning. Carlos, who greeted us at the arrival, was so nice and helpful. The hotel is very comfortable and everything is clean. Of course the surrounding can be a little bit problematic, but we didn´t find it threatening at all. We didn´t come back to the hotel very late. I think it is perfectly safe, if it isn´t too late. The police is parked in front of the hotel all the time. That was also insuring.
The subway station is just one minute walk away. Literally one minute.
I would recommend it any time.

Room tip: Rooms not facing street are quieter
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 5 October 2022 via mobile

Our family of 4 had booked a one night stay. We did not realize how far the monitored parking was from the hotel. We have a daughter who is a paraplegic. The neighborhood that she would have to travel in was not safe for several reasons. We quickly realized that there were no nicer restaurants that we could safely travel too with her. I have reached out 3 times via email to talk about our situation and have been ignored. We did not realize the obstacles we would face and turned around to go home out of state. This was very disappointing for all.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 722marlam
emilio morales, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2022

Thank you for your review. I wanted to address firstly our communication. We have not received any email regarding the above. All emails are answered within 24 hours even on weekends. The emails would be emilio@operahousehotel.com or reservations@operahousehotel.com. These are the only monitored emails. In addition we don’t actually advertise parking at the Opera House as we have only 5 spots. We do recommend a garage that is literally across the street from the hotel and is visible from the front door. We do carry 2 handicap spots at the hotel and save those for handicapped persons do we would have been able to help. Regarding dining, directly on our website, we have an entire dining page of local restaurants that are less than 10 minutes away from the property. We are always there to help our guests. We are also always here to discuss.
Emilio Morales-General Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2022 via mobile

The hotel itself is decent but the neighborhood is really bad. I’ve seen a lot of places in my life. It’s by far the worst neighborhood I’ve even seen. Been yelled at by many to what appeared to be homeless across the hotel, urine and marihuana smell everywhere… We were supposed to stay for 4 days but left after 2 since we weren’t enjoying our vacation because of all this, couldn’t go out after dark and I’m a 6ft/200 pounds male but couldn’t trust the surrounding with my wife… Oh and we requested extra pillows during our stay and the employee knocked at our door 25 minutes after we called but clearly he came back from smoking weed, as soon as we opened the door, a cloud of weed smell entered our room and our pillows had a strong smell of weed… At the end of the day, it is a decent hotel in NYC for the price but we decided to book out before end of our stay as we wanted to enjoy our stay and not have to be stressed out to come back at the hotel after dark and again, I come from a large city myself and saw lots of places in my life but this is by far the worst neighborhood I’ve seen. The picture of the hotel on Expedia doesn’t reflect the actual state of the front entrance of the hotel with garbage everywhere, smell of urine and sketchy individuals nearby starting at you… You will stick out as tourist when you exit the hotel I can tell you. Oh and they say free WiFi and free continental breakfast but they actually charge you $15 US per day when you check in on top of what you paid with Expedia/ Booking.com for the actual wifi and breakfast so it’s not free, you pay for it and it a cold breakfast so toast/ cereals/ bagels etc.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
emilio morales, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Thank you so much for your review of our property and I am so sorry if you were uncomfortable in any way. We have been open for 9 years and have never had a security incident outside our property with one of our guests however we always validate our guests' feelings and completely understand your thoughts. I did want to mention the point of the pillowcases that were brought up to you as we have never in our history had a comment regarding one of our employees ever being under suspicion of anything alike you mentioned. We take all of this extremely seriously. We have tried to keep our hallways and all areas smoke free but we sometimes do have issues where guests will smoke and the areas have that smell. We apologize but most hotels are having this issue in NYC and each of us are doing our best to ensure our guests a smoke free environment. Regarding wifi and breakfast, we have not actually advertised free wifi and continental breakfast. We are clear on all of our ads that our amenities are covered with our daily facility fee of $15+Tax per day. We would never want our guests feeling that we are committing false advertising of any sort. We understand your views and respect them however we do want our readers to see the 99% of all other reviews that speak of the safety they have felt while staying with us. We understand we are in an area of transition and sometimes there is a bit of a culture shock but our neighborhood has always been good to our guests and we pride ourselves on being a real NY experience in a real residential area of the city. We truly wish you the best in your future travels.