Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nathaniel James
Bronx, New York

Business meeting to calculate construction cost

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jun 2020
We were in the Bronx for a business meeting and this hotel has increased our expectations. It was a very clean place. The hotel has small, medium, and large rooms. We'll definitely prefer this place for our next construction estimating and material takeoff business meeting.
Date of stay: June 2020
  • Skyscanner.com
3.2 km from Opera House Hotel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Bronx
All reviews great hotel new york subway station bagels high ceilings hidden gem continental breakfast the hotel is clean after dark an oasis front desk staff staying at this hotel neighborhood manhattan carlos parking diamond
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

our first time staying in the Bronx, the Opera Hotel is well maintain.
The staff were great, specially the front desk staff. The location is okay, plenty of shopping in the neighbor hood. Trains stop very close by and bus route.

Date of stay: February 2020
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Thank you so much for your review and we are so happy that your stay was a success with us!

Reviewed 6 January 2020 via mobile

The hotel is located in the South Bronx. It is a restored Opera House that was very welcoming upon checking in. Photos throughout depict performers from days gone by. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. We had 2 queen beds, a refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom had a spacious tub. I was pleasantly surprised to find there was a free parking spot available for us to use (there are only 4 parking spots and they are available on a first come basis). On the Mezzanine level a free breakfast was available between 7 and 10am. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed here while visiting the Botanical Gardens for The Holiday Train Show Boxcar Night. If I ever stay in the Bronx again, I would definitely return to the hotel!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank BrightH2O
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you were please with your stay!

Reviewed 6 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here while staying in town for the train show at the NYBG. It is not very walkable; we grabbed an Uber. Inside the hotel is safe, clean and beautifully retro to the era when it was an opera house. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2019

Clean and comfy, breakfast was good, location saved us some dollars, recommended for a value stay in the NY area. One city block from Metro station that can get you to Times Square in under a half hour.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Trishmbgal
Reviewed 6 October 2019

I stayed in this hotel during UN week because downtown hotels were full. The room are large and clean, the location meh, but was it was safe enough in the morning.

I don't usually write anything but positive reviews but I am writing this one because I cannot fathom their conduct. When I checked in, my drivers license was not returned to me. I should have noticed, but I didn't. No one called my room to let me know or said anything at check out.. I didn't realize it until I was home 500 miles away. When I called to inquire, they said they would mail it to me for which I was very grateful. When it didn't arrive after about a week, I called back, repeatedly. First they said they sent it. Then it, turns out, they admitted they simply GAVE IT TO THE POSTMAN to mail back himself, because it was cheaper than putting it in an envelope with a freaking stamp! They said this always worked before. Maybe so, but I have no idea if I will ever get my license back now (or where it is) and so have started the process of trying to get another one (nearly $50 in fees and a half-day at DMV I will never get back). I'd have happily paid a fee for them to fed ex it to me. But that is no longer an option. At this point I feel the hotel should reimburse my expenses. It should have been a simple courtesy to just put it in an envelope and mail it back first class, but no. It will be a long time before I stay at an Empire Group Hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2019