Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
NY2Beyond

Beautiful hotell

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jan 2020via mobile
Stayed here while staying in town for the train show at the NYBG. It is not very walkable; we grabbed an Uber. Inside the hotel is safe, clean and beautifully retro to the era when it was an opera house. Highly recommend!
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 6 Jan 2020
Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
    $271
3.4 km from Opera House Hotel
    $280
6.1 km from Opera House Hotel
View more hotels in Bronx
All reviews great hotel new york subway station bagels high ceilings hidden gem continental breakfast the hotel is clean after dark an oasis front desk staff staying at this hotel neighborhood manhattan carlos parking diamond
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2019

Clean and comfy, breakfast was good, location saved us some dollars, recommended for a value stay in the NY area. One city block from Metro station that can get you to Times Square in under a half hour.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Trishmbgal
Reviewed 6 October 2019

I stayed in this hotel during UN week because downtown hotels were full. The room are large and clean, the location meh, but was it was safe enough in the morning.

I don't usually write anything but positive reviews but I am writing this one because I cannot fathom their conduct. When I checked in, my drivers license was not returned to me. I should have noticed, but I didn't. No one called my room to let me know or said anything at check out.. I didn't realize it until I was home 500 miles away. When I called to inquire, they said they would mail it to me for which I was very grateful. When it didn't arrive after about a week, I called back, repeatedly. First they said they sent it. Then it, turns out, they admitted they simply GAVE IT TO THE POSTMAN to mail back himself, because it was cheaper than putting it in an envelope with a freaking stamp! They said this always worked before. Maybe so, but I have no idea if I will ever get my license back now (or where it is) and so have started the process of trying to get another one (nearly $50 in fees and a half-day at DMV I will never get back). I'd have happily paid a fee for them to fed ex it to me. But that is no longer an option. At this point I feel the hotel should reimburse my expenses. It should have been a simple courtesy to just put it in an envelope and mail it back first class, but no. It will be a long time before I stay at an Empire Group Hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

This hotel is near my office and I often stay overnight when business travel returns me too late to the City for me to make that extra trip home. This hotel is beautiful. Beds are comfortable, staff are welcoming and gracious and the stay includes delicious and fresh continental breakfast. The subway is a very short walk from the door and in short 3 stops you have access to all of Manhattan. The neighborhood may concerns out of towners but I recommend this elegant and safe hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank lourdesz274
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

It’s our first time visiting NYC and our hotel was booked through a consultant. I really wanted to write a review since the hotel made our stay that much more enjoyable. It’s a rough neighbourhood (to us) but the moment we stepped inside, it felt like home. Staff was incredibly helpful with everything, they were friendly and always eager to assist. The rooms were nice and clean, it had a comfortable bed and soft pillows. The only downside was the constant noise coming from the streets but obviously there is not much to be done about that. I’m a smoker and even though it is a smoke-free (eg no balcony, windows to open) hotel, there is a peaceful sitting area in the parking lot that served just fine. The breakfast is quite American and sober but it was everything we needed to get a quick bite, wake up and start the day.

Overall, a very good experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone not wanting to pay the insane prices for a hotel in Manhattan. Subways get you there in a good 20min. anyway.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank arnevandenhaute
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that your consultant guided you in our direction and we look forward to your coming back to us soon!

Emilio Morales

Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about this place. But after my stay I can honestly say I had a great experience at this hotel.

Every member of staff I encountered was fantastic and friendly. No issues at all.

The room was big and clean.

I can understand if the area the hotel is in puts people off. Some may feel unsafe at night.

I didn’t, people were fine and you just need to crack on. There was a constant police presence in the area.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the subway and it’s not long to Manhattan.

I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mitchell_000

Thank you for your review of our hotel! This is what we like to read! We hope to see you again soon!

Emilio Morales