Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jason R

Decent Hotel, Baffling Service

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Oct 2019
I stayed in this hotel during UN week because downtown hotels were full. The room are large and clean, the location meh, but was it was safe enough in the morning.

I don't usually write anything but positive reviews but I am writing this one because I cannot fathom their conduct. When I checked in, my drivers license was not returned to me. I should have noticed, but I didn't. No one called my room to let me know or said anything at check out.. I didn't realize it until I was home 500 miles away. When I called to inquire, they said they would mail it to me for which I was very grateful. When it didn't arrive after about a week, I called back, repeatedly. First they said they sent it. Then it, turns out, they admitted they simply GAVE IT TO THE POSTMAN to mail back himself, because it was cheaper than putting it in an envelope with a freaking stamp! They said this always worked before. Maybe so, but I have no idea if I will ever get my license back now (or where it is) and so have started the process of trying to get another one (nearly $50 in fees and a half-day at DMV I will never get back). I'd have happily paid a fee for them to fed ex it to me. But that is no longer an option. At this point I feel the hotel should reimburse my expenses. It should have been a simple courtesy to just put it in an envelope and mail it back first class, but no. It will be a long time before I stay at an Empire Group Hotel again.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    $802
7.3 km from Opera House Hotel
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Bronx
All reviews great hotel new york subway station bagels high ceilings hidden gem continental breakfast the hotel is clean after dark an oasis front desk staff staying at this hotel neighborhood manhattan carlos parking diamond
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

This hotel is near my office and I often stay overnight when business travel returns me too late to the City for me to make that extra trip home. This hotel is beautiful. Beds are comfortable, staff are welcoming and gracious and the stay includes delicious and fresh continental breakfast. The subway is a very short walk from the door and in short 3 stops you have access to all of Manhattan. The neighborhood may concerns out of towners but I recommend this elegant and safe hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank lourdesz274
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

It’s our first time visiting NYC and our hotel was booked through a consultant. I really wanted to write a review since the hotel made our stay that much more enjoyable. It’s a rough neighbourhood (to us) but the moment we stepped inside, it felt like home. Staff was incredibly helpful with everything, they were friendly and always eager to assist. The rooms were nice and clean, it had a comfortable bed and soft pillows. The only downside was the constant noise coming from the streets but obviously there is not much to be done about that. I’m a smoker and even though it is a smoke-free (eg no balcony, windows to open) hotel, there is a peaceful sitting area in the parking lot that served just fine. The breakfast is quite American and sober but it was everything we needed to get a quick bite, wake up and start the day.

Overall, a very good experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone not wanting to pay the insane prices for a hotel in Manhattan. Subways get you there in a good 20min. anyway.

2  Thank arnevandenhaute
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that your consultant guided you in our direction and we look forward to your coming back to us soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about this place. But after my stay I can honestly say I had a great experience at this hotel.

Every member of staff I encountered was fantastic and friendly. No issues at all.

The room was big and clean.

I can understand if the area the hotel is in puts people off. Some may feel unsafe at night.

I didn’t, people were fine and you just need to crack on. There was a constant police presence in the area.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the subway and it’s not long to Manhattan.

I would stay here again.

4  Thank Mitchell_000

Thank you for your review of our hotel! This is what we like to read! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Everything about this place is FANTASTIC! Clean rooms, free breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff and very near the subway for the games to Yankee Stadium - only 2 stops! Hubby got lost and staff went out to retrieve him!❤️

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank B B
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

This is a very very unsafe area with no accessibility to the hotel. I called the hotel and as I was trying to explain to the staff that we are not going to be able to make it to the hotel tonight, the staff person hung up the phone after I asked her to hold for a brief minute (we were driving).

There were tons of people on the sidewalks and the street and your life is in your own hands trying to physically get into the hotel lobby area.

There are NO parking garages in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. We had NO ability to safely park the vehicle and enter the hotel. The accessibility issues caused us to have to try to “cancel” our reservation and the hotel staff hung up on us when we tried to do so. We emailed the hotel immediately and received no response. This was absolutely terrible and I wish we got a photo of the chaos in front of the hotel but we were so shocked we kept driving after circling around the neighborhood trying to find a safe place to park. Our car would not be there in the morning if we did. The hotel is doing a fantastic job with advertising but the reality is horrendous and dangerous.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Layla0320
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2019

Thank you for contacting us. I am so sorry if you were inconvenienced in any way. The parking garage is directly across the street from us as you can see it from our window. Our front desk immediately will send you to the parking. you can actually check in at our loading zone and just make the next left and you are at the parking. I am very sorry but this review seems to be the same review as the prior guest and it just is not the truth of our surroundings and our customer service and I believe they would be the same guest. We have no chaos in front of our hotel and we direct our guests exactly where they need to go at all times. I am very sorry if the front desk hung up on you and that is a serious complaint in every way and should never happen. I would appreciate speaking with you on this situation to better understanding of all. We wish you well in your future travels and again ask our readers to really read all of our reviews when deciding on a hotel. We strive our hardest to make EVERY guest comfortable at all times and from the look of our reviews, I believe we do a very good job of it.