Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Arne Van Den Haute
Belgium

Great XP

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Sept 2019via mobile
It’s our first time visiting NYC and our hotel was booked through a consultant. I really wanted to write a review since the hotel made our stay that much more enjoyable. It’s a rough neighbourhood (to us) but the moment we stepped inside, it felt like home. Staff was incredibly helpful with everything, they were friendly and always eager to assist. The rooms were nice and clean, it had a comfortable bed and soft pillows. The only downside was the constant noise coming from the streets but obviously there is not much to be done about that. I’m a smoker and even though it is a smoke-free (eg no balcony, windows to open) hotel, there is a peaceful sitting area in the parking lot that served just fine. The breakfast is quite American and sober but it was everything we needed to get a quick bite, wake up and start the day.

Overall, a very good experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone not wanting to pay the insane prices for a hotel in Manhattan. Subways get you there in a good 20min. anyway.
Date of stay: September 2019
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 12 Sept 2019
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that your consultant guided you in our direction and we look forward to your coming back to us soon!

• Wyndham
  • Vio.com
3.2 km from Opera House Hotel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Bronx
All reviews great hotel new york subway station bagels high ceilings hidden gem continental breakfast the hotel is clean after dark an oasis front desk staff staying at this hotel neighborhood manhattan carlos parking diamond
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about this place. But after my stay I can honestly say I had a great experience at this hotel.

Every member of staff I encountered was fantastic and friendly. No issues at all.

The room was big and clean.

I can understand if the area the hotel is in puts people off. Some may feel unsafe at night.

I didn’t, people were fine and you just need to crack on. There was a constant police presence in the area.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the subway and it’s not long to Manhattan.

I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank Mitchell_000
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Thank you for your review of our hotel! This is what we like to read! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Everything about this place is FANTASTIC! Clean rooms, free breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff and very near the subway for the games to Yankee Stadium - only 2 stops! Hubby got lost and staff went out to retrieve him!❤️

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank B B
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

This is a very very unsafe area with no accessibility to the hotel. I called the hotel and as I was trying to explain to the staff that we are not going to be able to make it to the hotel tonight, the staff person hung up the phone after I asked her to hold for a brief minute (we were driving).

There were tons of people on the sidewalks and the street and your life is in your own hands trying to physically get into the hotel lobby area.

There are NO parking garages in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. We had NO ability to safely park the vehicle and enter the hotel. The accessibility issues caused us to have to try to “cancel” our reservation and the hotel staff hung up on us when we tried to do so. We emailed the hotel immediately and received no response. This was absolutely terrible and I wish we got a photo of the chaos in front of the hotel but we were so shocked we kept driving after circling around the neighborhood trying to find a safe place to park. Our car would not be there in the morning if we did. The hotel is doing a fantastic job with advertising but the reality is horrendous and dangerous.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Layla0320
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2019

Thank you for contacting us. I am so sorry if you were inconvenienced in any way. The parking garage is directly across the street from us as you can see it from our window. Our front desk immediately will send you to the parking. you can actually check in at our loading zone and just make the next left and you are at the parking. I am very sorry but this review seems to be the same review as the prior guest and it just is not the truth of our surroundings and our customer service and I believe they would be the same guest. We have no chaos in front of our hotel and we direct our guests exactly where they need to go at all times. I am very sorry if the front desk hung up on you and that is a serious complaint in every way and should never happen. I would appreciate speaking with you on this situation to better understanding of all. We wish you well in your future travels and again ask our readers to really read all of our reviews when deciding on a hotel. We strive our hardest to make EVERY guest comfortable at all times and from the look of our reviews, I believe we do a very good job of it.

Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

I’m not one to give negative reviews but this place definitely warrants one. The area is really bad. It seemed completely unsafe & unsettled! The parking situation is what made us cancel our reservation. Parking is a block away. I’m not sure if we would have made it safely to the hotel and I’m completely positive our car would have been Gone as soon as we turned our backs. We saw absolutely no taxi service as well as no law enforcement near the hotel. No valet,no indoor parking. And the Representatives were extremely rude whenever we “tried”calling. I hope this helps in your decision making.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank cindy p
emilio m, General Manager at Opera House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Thank you for contacting us. I am very surprised by this review as it doesn't seem our hotel was given the chance to rectify all. We understand that we are in a residential, area in transition. In 6 years we have been open, we have never had a security incident with one of our guests walking and eating outside our property in this area. Many of our guests park on the street every day and never an incident. Taxis do not work in outside boroughs as they work in Manhattan but our staff works very closely with two car companies both within a 1 block radius. The police department is one the next block from us and to be honest, at any given point, we have police representation all over our block as they are very conscious of our property. We do have 4 spots of indoor parking that are on a first come first serve basis and if that parking is sold out, we work with a parking garage directly across the street from us that is $20 to $25/day. I apologize if any representative was rude to you as you can read our other reviews and that is definitely not the norm from our staff. I would ask our readers to read the surrounding reviews and we hope that they will help in the decision making when booking our property. We surely wish you well and just wish you had given our property the chance as we believe you would have been pleasantly surprised and would have had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

Room and hotel were perfect! Really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely go back and stay. Room and amenities were exactly as described. Gym next door was very nice and clean. Front desk personnel were friendly and very helpful!

Date of stay: September 2018