Hotels.com
snoboarders
sydney, australia

Excellent!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jul 2018via mobile
Stayed here for two nights, had been warned about staying in the bronx, but the south bronx where the guesthouse is felt very safe and we were assured that it was! Very plesant and comfortable environment, very clean and tidy. Affordable accomodation very close to the 4 subway (5mins walk) and very close to Yankee stadium (10min walk). Great place to stay we would highly reccomend! Julio and Dean were fantastic hosts, lovely and interesting people. If we are ever back in NY we will stay here again for sure. Erin & Jack from New Zealand.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • ZenHotels.com
    $464
3.8 km from Mi Casa Tu Casa Guesthouse
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway to NYC. First of all, I only rated this 4 out of 5, but that is more a description than a rating; the neighborhood, which includes the Grand Concourse, does tend to be noisy and has a couple of rough edges. (Besides, I'm a tough grader! ;-) ) Having said that, it is nowhere near the "Fort Apache" stigma or reputation from the past, and I felt very safe and comfortable there. Julio is an AWESOME host!!! He is the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and he very definitely lived up to his motto of "come as a guest, leave as a friend!" I very much enjoyed spending time with him and his family! Subway is a VERY easy walk. Yankee Stadium is within walking distance. The house is 100+ years old and has a lot of character (note: the stairways are narrow; be forewarned). LOVED the backyard oasis -- my wife and I spent some time back there, and I can definitely understand why Julio and his family enjoy it! It's also inexpensive; two nights here costs roughly the same as one night in Manhattan. I absolutely loved my weekend here, and I would very definitely stay here again!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
3  Thank Ray K
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Stay 3 days. This place is very close to the subway and buses. Also a lot of restaurants around. When I go there was a friendly face waiting for me. I forgot his name but he handle my check in and show me around. Everything was fine for me and my granddaughter that was traveling with me. The house is clean and confortable. Everything smell good and I had a little refrigerator in the room. It was a great experience. I will recommend it to all friends and family. I love the back patio!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We came to the Bronx to see a Yankees game last April and stayed here because it was so close to the stadium. Julio was a wonderful host. He was friendly and responsive to anything we needed. The room was comfortable for both me and my son. What a lovely neighborhood! We spent a lot of time in the nearby parks as my son enjoyed playing with all the kids around.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

As part of a trip to NY Oct 2015 my partner and I stayed in various places around NYC (Queens, S Bronx, Harlem and Manhattan). Our stay at Micasatucasa is one of the many highlights.

On arrival Julio took us up to our room over looking the street. Nice, clean rooms, plenty of light, comfy bed. The ever helpful Julio gave us some recommendations of what to see and where to eat etc. Sams Soul Food is where we ate on the first night....and the second it was that good. A warm welcome and amazing food. For breakfast we filled up at the Sunlight Cafe just around the corner.

We spent a couple of days wandering around South Bronx and always returned to our friendly, homely base with big smiles.

I'd strongly recommend folks travel out of Manhattan and stay up in South Bronx. Julio was as good a host as you could ask for. He has some great stories about the old days there.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We stayed only one night at Mi Casa Tu Casa but wish we'd had time to stay more! The owner was an excellent communicator, and the location was perfect for us. Nice shops and restaurants in the immediate area and easy access to the subway and thus everything else the wider location has to offer. The room itself was beautiful, personal, and a welcome departure from spartan Air BnB or traditional hotel stays.

Date of stay: December 2015