Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
muaaa4you2
Houston

South Bronx Guest House

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Jun 2018via mobile
Stay 3 days. This place is very close to the subway and buses. Also a lot of restaurants around. When I go there was a friendly face waiting for me. I forgot his name but he handle my check in and show me around. Everything was fine for me and my granddaughter that was traveling with me. The house is clean and confortable. Everything smell good and I had a little refrigerator in the room. It was a great experience. I will recommend it to all friends and family. I love the back patio!!
Date of stay: May 2018
    $319
Get rewarded with One Key
    $223
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We came to the Bronx to see a Yankees game last April and stayed here because it was so close to the stadium. Julio was a wonderful host. He was friendly and responsive to anything we needed. The room was comfortable for both me and my son. What a lovely neighborhood! We spent a lot of time in the nearby parks as my son enjoyed playing with all the kids around.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

As part of a trip to NY Oct 2015 my partner and I stayed in various places around NYC (Queens, S Bronx, Harlem and Manhattan). Our stay at Micasatucasa is one of the many highlights.

On arrival Julio took us up to our room over looking the street. Nice, clean rooms, plenty of light, comfy bed. The ever helpful Julio gave us some recommendations of what to see and where to eat etc. Sams Soul Food is where we ate on the first night....and the second it was that good. A warm welcome and amazing food. For breakfast we filled up at the Sunlight Cafe just around the corner.

We spent a couple of days wandering around South Bronx and always returned to our friendly, homely base with big smiles.

I'd strongly recommend folks travel out of Manhattan and stay up in South Bronx. Julio was as good a host as you could ask for. He has some great stories about the old days there.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We stayed only one night at Mi Casa Tu Casa but wish we'd had time to stay more! The owner was an excellent communicator, and the location was perfect for us. Nice shops and restaurants in the immediate area and easy access to the subway and thus everything else the wider location has to offer. The room itself was beautiful, personal, and a welcome departure from spartan Air BnB or traditional hotel stays.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reid V
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

1st time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and it was truly better than any hotel, location is perfect for traveling the city and nearby food is incredible. The area is so diverse, the Bronx may have a bad reputation but I'm telling you this is where you want to be and the owners of the house treat you like family I've never felt more comfortable, highly recommend and will be back!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor W
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Staying at Mi Casa Tu Casa was like staying at an old friend's place but having the independence and privacy of a hotel. The possibility to come home in the evening, relax on a couch in a cosy living room while having a pleasant conversation with the guest house owner, Julio, really made my stay at Mi Casa Tu Casa very special. Julio is a very likable and interesting person.
The house itself is very nicely decorated, my room Mexico was very bright and cosy, with reproductions of Diego Rivera's pictures.
South Bronx is not as scary as it is said to have. In fact, I didn't find it scary at all. Of course, you have to watch out like in any big city, but I had not troubles coming back alone at midnight and later. The place is really close to the subway station and it takes about 30 minutes to get to Manhatten Midtown.
Staying at this guest house also introduced me to the Bronx. I walked around and I was very excited to find some really nice art nuveau buildings there, I even visited the Bronx Supreme Court, which was an interesting experience.
Mi Casa Tu Casa is a great place, all in all.

Date of stay: June 2013