Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reid V

Delightful guesthouse with a wonderfully personal feel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2016
We stayed only one night at Mi Casa Tu Casa but wish we'd had time to stay more! The owner was an excellent communicator, and the location was perfect for us. Nice shops and restaurants in the immediate area and easy access to the subway and thus everything else the wider location has to offer. The room itself was beautiful, personal, and a welcome departure from spartan Air BnB or traditional hotel stays.
Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.8 km from Mi Casa Tu Casa Guesthouse
    $284
7.0 km from Mi Casa Tu Casa Guesthouse
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

1st time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and it was truly better than any hotel, location is perfect for traveling the city and nearby food is incredible. The area is so diverse, the Bronx may have a bad reputation but I'm telling you this is where you want to be and the owners of the house treat you like family I've never felt more comfortable, highly recommend and will be back!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor W
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Staying at Mi Casa Tu Casa was like staying at an old friend's place but having the independence and privacy of a hotel. The possibility to come home in the evening, relax on a couch in a cosy living room while having a pleasant conversation with the guest house owner, Julio, really made my stay at Mi Casa Tu Casa very special. Julio is a very likable and interesting person.
The house itself is very nicely decorated, my room Mexico was very bright and cosy, with reproductions of Diego Rivera's pictures.
South Bronx is not as scary as it is said to have. In fact, I didn't find it scary at all. Of course, you have to watch out like in any big city, but I had not troubles coming back alone at midnight and later. The place is really close to the subway station and it takes about 30 minutes to get to Manhatten Midtown.
Staying at this guest house also introduced me to the Bronx. I walked around and I was very excited to find some really nice art nuveau buildings there, I even visited the Bronx Supreme Court, which was an interesting experience.
Mi Casa Tu Casa is a great place, all in all.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
11  Thank Svetlana Y
Reviewed 17 June 2011

.....too many people about this lovely gueshouse, its' owner Julio and the beauties and livelihood to be discovered in the Bronx because then everyone would come and it wouldn't be the same any more....
Nice rooms with personal touches, close to the subway (149th/ Grand Concourse) and retaurants and shops around the corner.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
10  Thank DidiJ
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Like most people, my two children and I were very apprehensive about staying in the South Bronx because of its reputation for being unsafe and because my husband wouldn't be travelling with us. (I grew up in a small town in Northern Wisconsin and for the past 23 years have been living in Hong Kong where the children (14 and 11) were born.) Not only did I read everything I could on the internet about safety, but my friend who is from NYC (Chinatown) had one of her friends go up there and check it out before we arrived. I also emailed Julio and asked him to reassure us (which obviously, I knew he would do, but still I had to ask!). So, suffice to say, I had done my homework and decided to give it a try. Boy, are we glad we did because we had a fabulous three days and the kids are still saying "I wish we were back in the Bronx with 'uncle' Julio!" (and they are still saying this after having stayed in some of the best hotels and bnb's on the east coast!)
Julio's slogan is 'come as a guest, leave as a friend' and he really takes this seriously. It felt like staying at a friend's place, very warm, very real. Julio was there to greet us and we stayed in the front bedroom, overlooking the street, and since we were jjetlagged were up at 4:30/5:00 a.m. to hear the birds singing. Yes, birds! Julio doesn't have breakfast (other than fruit), so we visited the Sunlight Cafe, half a block away, and my son still raves about their 'hungry man breakfast platter. We took the subway downtown (very quick and easy) and walked to and from Yankee Stadium (for a stadium tour and the Tuesday night game when they beat the Phillies! :) We also had dinner at Giovanni's (half a block away) and that was very good. We bought snacks at the 7-11, a burger and fries at McDonalds and soon felt comfortable in the neighborhood. But of course, we were still smart about it all -- didn't walk around with cameras around our necks, etc., and once when we saw a couple of guys outside the 7-11 that we didn't feel comfortable with, we just didn't go in. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem, but we just played it safe.
All in all, the best part about our stay was Julio and being made to feel like good friends. The part we liked least? Well, the shower head in the second floor bathroom could be changed....but seriously, that's all we'd change!!

Date of stay: June 2010