Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 8 Jun
Valatie, New York

Worst experience EVER

Review of Sheridan Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Aug 2016via mobile
My boyfriend and our 2 teenage sons planned a trip to NYC for a Drake concert, sight seeing and Yankees game. As a last minute hotel reservation was needed due to other plans falling through, this was our only affordable option. We should have slept in the car!
We arrived to find that our room was locked from the inside, the latch had been placed over the door. Second room we were given the door was jammed and would not open. Third time was a 'charm' after being assisted by 2 different staff members.
We had 1 towel for 4 people so we requested enough for 4, we were brought 1. No hand towels, no washcloths. One of our sons saw a hypodermic needle on the windowsill in the hallway. The hallways stunk of marijuana. There was loud arguing throughout the night. There was no fitted sheet on either bed, only 2 flat sheets, and one comforter (for 2 beds!)
We left for the day on Friday to do some sight seeing, and had half of a pizza saved. When we came back to our room, our key card had been deactivated, and not only were all of our personal belongings (toiletries, bag of makeup, phone chargers, clothing) moved to different locations, but the television was on, there was a cleaning rag left on the bathroom sink, and our pizza was gone! At least we finally had 4 towels!! (But no hand towels or washcloths)
My boyfriend and I went to the front desk to complain about our belongings being moved and food missing, and the man at the desk spoke very broken English so he was not understanding our concern and request for reimbursement for the food. He rummaged through some paperwork in an attempt to find who cleaned our room, and informed us that housekeeping is not allowed to enter the room unless a guest is present. (!?!? What ?!?!) So, what I gathered from that conversation was that we were supposed to stay in the hotel all day waiting to have someone clean to supervise them? No manager on duty of course, so we were told to take it up with her in the morning.
Needless to say, we ended up walking 1/2 mile in a dangerous neighborhood in order to get another pizza to replace the one the housekeeper helped him or herself to.
Come morning time we couldn't wait to check out of this dump, so an attempt to speak with the manager was not our top priority.
We will NEVER stay in this hotel-hell again. They rent rooms by the hour (promoting prostitution) staff are rude and unhelpful, rooms are dirty and drug use is prevalent.
Only up side to this place is close proximity to the 6 train.
Date of stay: August 2016
    $223
    $222
3.3 km from Sheridan Hotel
View more hotels in Bronx
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2016

MY wife and I have used this hotel for many years,no problem,our last visit was a true disaster,the hotel rooms were a mess,my sons room was never cleaned during our entire 4 nights stay,the hotel now let's it's rooms out to people by the hour,that should tell you what it is.my sons room was broken into,and on our return on our second day he found someone had USED his room!! The hotel desk was in no way helpful.to top off our stay they swiped our Visa card twice.we are still fighting for return of the over charge,DONOT USE THIS HOTEL.I could go on but your should get my drift.we travel a lot and always try to be honest with our reviews so beware.

Room tip: Go to a different hotel
Date of stay: June 2016
2  Thank traverouge
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Horrible, blood on bed sheets, locked out of room waited three hrs from eight in evening to gain access, stranger tried to access room at 01:30 am, bit scary. Complained at reception only to be told that the hotel rents rooms out on a 3 hr charge and someone made a mistake, lord knows why you'd need a room for 3 hr slot. Power tools being used until 10:30 pm in reception, Breakfast food always gone within ten minutes of opening. Worst hotel I have ever stayed. Avoid here.

Room tip: Don't do it
Date of stay: June 2016
3  Thank 776thomas
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel for my birthday. Got in from dinner & went into bed. A couple seconds after the fire alarm went off. At first I thought it was a false alarm because no one notified us about the situation. After it kept going off for a couple seconds I peeped out my room door and there was smoke. I grabbed all my personal belongings and ran downstairs. I was so shocked and angry at the same time that the staff did not even make an effort to notify the guests. We were treated like pigs. The front desk clerk was also very unprofessional. He spoke to the guest with no form of customer service/ communication skills. The rooms had no rags, the A/C was not working and the hotel itself smelled like an old building. Very bad service. I recommend you spend the extra dollar and stay else where.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank rd1993
Reviewed 24 May 2016

the room was dirty, the hotel smelled like marijuana, the linen was dirty "Do Not Stay Here" the bathroom omg! loose toilet seat, towel rack hanging off the wall and the final straw was when the pipe under the sink fell on my wife's foot I filled out a complaint form and have not heard from the management yet. if you like noise,drugs and filth this is the place

Room tip: if you like drugs and loud noise and filth then this is the place
1  Thank jbarlow2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I booked two nights because I had two events to attend in the Bronx. Upon arrival, there were several couples who were booking for a few hours. The only available room (despite the request for a room on a high floor) was on the first floor. There were no towels in the room. The bathroom was not properly cleaned. The noise from the constant check ins/lobby activities as well as the pipes above me kept me awake. This place is accommodating to hourly visitors, not folks who are used to a clean, decent hotel. Needless to say, I cancelled the 2nd night and switched to the Doubletree in Fort Lee, NJ.

Trip type: Travelled solo