Review Highlights
Great all seasons

Love to come here to walk and relax. It's a shame everything closes Labor Day. There are many peple... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Ro D
Carle Place, New York
Pretty view.

I love to walk around and look at the boats and see what their 'catch of the day is.' There is a... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2018

from US$19.00
from US$55.00
from US$45.00
More Info
All reviews fishing boats state park fire island lighthouse concession stand boat basin great fishing boat trip long island go fishing laura lee pier restrooms party half fleet fisherman activity
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Went fishing with grandchildren ages 2 months to 15 years. Everyone had a great time. We caught fluke and sea robins. The staff was helpful, would bait the rod if you wanted them to and filleted the fish upon request at the end of the trip. Look on the website for group rates. Rods can be rented for $3.00. Trip lasts for 3 hours and it is only 15 minutes or so from the pier. There were less fish caught than I remember being caught last year, but seemed like everyone left with some fish.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Captree State Park is a Long Island Treasure. The boat basin is a wonderful spot to relax and watch the world float by. You can watch the fishing boats come in with their catch.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Captree State Park is home to a large fishing fleet. You can charter a boat of chose a half or full day boat trip. There's a bait shop, concession stand and restaurant/bar. Restrooms are clean and well maintained. There's also a small beach for fishermen who prefer to remain on dry land.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Been living on LI my whole life, and this is one of my Happy Places. Captree State Park with the boat basin is a great place to visit, fish, crab, catch a party/charter boat, or just hang out!

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank M S
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

After a hectic day and getting caught in rush hour traffic, "I said the hell with this I am getting of the next exit!" Yeah, no more honking and stand still; down the
Robert Moses Parkway I went. I did not feel like going to the Fire Island Lighthouse and I had to hit the restroom.
Captree is unique because on one side there is the fishing fleet, eatery, restrooms and on the other side is picnic areas, snack stand, fishing pier, walkways which lead to restrooms.
It is kind of quite late fall and in the winter but a wonderful view of the Fire Island Lighthouse, Robert Moses Causeway and natures beauty.
I took a walk on the walkway to the fishing pier, gazing out at the lighthouse and local fishing boats. Ahh, fresh air and time to regroup. As I walked back to the truck a beauty sunset was tucking itself behind the horizon and I just stood still enjoying the moment.
I got in the truck in no hurry to go home so I watched the beacon of the lighthouse for a bit and then drove home.

Date of experience: November 2016