All reviews heated plunge pool watering hole game drives animal sightings wild dogs water hole special requests spa treatments safari lodge the reserve an amazing experience personal service boma dinner bush walk private deck special thanks once in a lifetime
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at beautiful Etali - the first time I have been back there in 15 years! Etali is by far the best, most luxurious lodge and the staff surpass all other examples of customer service. We cannot rate them high enough and will hopefully return before another 15 years pass. The lodge is impeccably managed and maintained and has all the modern luxuries and spoils you can expect from an award winning 5-star lodge. There wasn’t a single request that wasn’t met with a great smile and excellent execution.
This will be the highlight of your trip to South Africa!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 April 2018

Dear Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your return to the lodge. We are always glad to see guests back at the lodge, and we are glad to hear that our customer services did not disappoint! We look forward to seeing you back at the lodge soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Beautiful spot and amazing staff members. Food was out if this world! Game drives perfect and we saw the big 5 within 2 drives. Attention to detail and super clean rooms. The spa was also great. A must see and visit location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Christo H
Management response:Responded 24 April 2018

Dear Christo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Etali with the Tripadvisor community. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you at the lodge and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

You can only fall in love with Etali, this is definitely one of my favourite places on Earth! The serenity and personal service are a cut above the rest. It was our second visit to Etali and both times I cried on departure. This magnificent place will capture your heart and nourish your soul.

Room tip: Room 5,6 and 7 (my personal favouite) All these rooms overlook the waterhole and are close to the main building
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 April 2018

Dear Candice,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in the Madikwe Game Reserve. It was a great pleasure hosting you at the lodge and we hope to see you again soon for some more Soul Food!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I (12 in all), have just spent a wonderful time at Etali Lodge in Madikwe. The staff were fantastic, with service always delivered with a smile. Our game ranger Lazarus, and tracker Albert, were excellent. Their bushcraft was awesome, and they taught the kids so much. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 April 2018

Dear Herbie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in the Madikwe Game Reserve. We are very glad to hear that all aspects of your stay were so memorable and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I looked into a few places for a brief safari stop on my way from Jo'burg to Gabs and decided on Etali Safari Lodge as it was quite close by car and I had never been to Madikwe before. Having been on several safaris in other locations I was also very keen on seeing the African Wild Dogs, which had eluded me on previous trips. My expectations were exceeded in every way possible from the amazing breakfast and lunch in the lodge to the custom-tailored game drive where the staff went above and beyond to find the Wild Dogs for me gave me ample time to observe them in their natural habitat. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and the lodge itself was absolutely gorgeous, I wished I had more time to stay and experience it. The views from the patio where lunch was served were stunning and overlook a watering hole as well as trees teeming in lively and brightly colored weaver birds. An overall great experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quick getaway and am sure a longer stay would not disappoint.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 April 2018

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your memorable day visit with us. We hope to see you again soon for a longer stay!