Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Coastal68463890835

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
We just got back from our Africa trip. First stop was Kambaku safari lodge and what a way to start our trip. From the moment we got out of car the staff was amazing. The room the food staff was 5 star. Sharon and Savannha are the perfect host's. Our guide and tracker Aidan and Moses had so much knowledge love going out with them. We had 4 nights there and it will be a trip we will never forget. Janeen and andy
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Nicola Naude, Owner at Kambaku Safari Lodge, responded to this review
Responded today
Thank you for the lovely review - I am so glad that is was a trip you will never forget !
Get rewarded with One Key
23.5 km from Kambaku Safari Lodge
Free Wifi
Free parking
View more hotels in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
All reviews game drives watering hole other guests an amazing experience wild dogs different locations exceeded our expectations three days timbavati reserve whole experience elusive leopard the entire staff every evening made us feel at home high tea our honeymoon great sightings
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nights with our children and grandchildren (5 and 7). It was a great experience. The houses we stayed in are great, clean en spacious. The housekeeping took care of all you can think of. They prepared great meals and were very friendly and helpfull.The lodge is located at a drinking place were water buffalo's, giraffes and more animals are visiting in the morning and afternoon. The gamedrives were in the very capable hands of our guide Jarred en tracker Stanley (a great team). The really made our stay unforgettable. We saw the big five!! (several times). This lodge is also a great place with young children because of their special attention for them.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicola Naude, Owner at Kambaku Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you for the review - and mentioning the kids - we really try and get them as involved as possible and teach them as much as we can in a fun way during this stay !

Reviewed 6 May 2024 via mobile

I can’t recommend this lodge enough. The food is so delicious, the rooms very nice, the staff and guides are absolutely exceptional. They felt like family at the end of our 4 day stay. We were worried that was too long of a stay when we got there but we loved every minute.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the review - and i love that you felt like family at the end of your stay - that is amazing ! We hope to see you again one day !

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I can't say enough about Kambaku, it was simply outstanding and certainly the highlight of our trip tp Africa. The guides bring you up close to the wildlife and are extremely knowledgeable. They constantly communicate with other guides to find the animals and to make sure their guests don't miss a thing. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and the accommodations first class. For a first-rate, second to none safari experience Kambaku is definitely where you want to go.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

WOW - thank you for saying we were the highlight of your trip - that is amazing ! It is always great to her that guests enjoy their time with us so much !

Reviewed 17 April 2024

I am not even sure where to begin, but there should be an entirely separate Trip Advisor rating / category for places like this - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

From the initial booking through check-out, the Kambaku team was timely and responsive. This already had me feeling good about our decision to stay here, but I had no idea what we were really in for!

Upon arrival at Hoedspruit airport the driver, who I had booked via Kambaku, was there to meet our family of 4 (kids 4 & 7 yrs). This is where we began to get blown away...before even leaving the airport grounds we saw African buffalo and before we got to the lodge we had seen giraffe, impala, warthog, and on and on - just on the drive from the airport! Kambaku Safari Lodge is located within the Timbavati Private Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger area.

When we arrived at the lodge to begin our 3 night stay we were promptly met by Savannha (manager), Aidan (our guide) and Moses (our tracker) - such a warm welcome! After getting checked-in and oriented, the kitchen had lunch waiting for us - a delicious butternut squash quiche lunch with salad. I will go into it more later in the review, but the kitchen staff knocks it out of the park here!

Our room, Joao, was a family room with a large bed in the main room and two smaller beds in the second room for the littles. It was well appointed and very comfortable throughout our stay! Speaking of the littles, this is one of the main reasons we booked Kambaku Safari Lodge...many of the lodges do not take kiddos, especially at age 4. Kambaku, however, excels in catering to families. They had welcome packs for the boys and took such great care of them throughout the entire 3 days.

Our first afternoon was off to the races once we got settled, as there is high tea daily before the evening game drive. Each day different snacks were provided at high tea to tide you over until dinner and EVERY single item was SO good!!! After the 30 minute tea social the Land Rovers are loaded up and head out for the game drive. Across all of our game drives we saw all of the big 5, along with a ton of other wildlife. Aidan, as the guide, drives and gives a wealth of information. Moses, the tracker, rides in the front seat and helps Aidan on where he thinks there will be activity, etc. By the way, Moses is one awesome dude! We will never forget when he had Aidan stop and let us know he heard the birds chirping a warning that a predator was near. Thus, Moses decided to head into the bush on foot to see if he could locate said predator. Moses looks at Aidan as he heads into the bush and says "circle around and get me on the other side, I will be on channel 6!"

The game drives blew me away and exceeded my expectations...it is amazing how the Land Rovers hold up, Aidan and Moses are PROS, and each game drive about 2 hours in has a break - in the morning it is coffee and breakfast delights, while the sundowner stop in the evening has drinks (they take your order at check-in: wine, beer, etc...) and snacks. Aidan always did an awesome job of finding somewhere nice to stop - one evening we even played soccer with Moses and the ball was rhino poop!!!

Upon returning to the lodge each evening we were given about 30 minutes to freshen up, relax, etc. After that everyone convenes for dinner. It was fun to catch up and hear about the other groups game drive and what they may have seen that we did not...and the meals are DELICIOUS. We did not have one bad thing our entire stay and they will do whatever they can to accommodate specific needs. It is also a wonderful detail that dinner is set in a different location almost every evening!

In the morning it is a similar set-up...Aidan came and ensured we were awake at 5 am each day and at 5:30 am sharp the vehicles head out for game drive. Once back at the lodge, breakfast starts around 9:45 / 10 am. There was always a buffet at breakfast, but they also come around and take your egg orders...so do not fill up too much on the early round!

In between breakfast and high tea there is a plethora of to-do's...you can rest, enjoy the pool, go on a guided walk, hit the spa at their other property, etc... The days are full and tiring, but so enjoyable!

I am sure I am forgetting some info, but I cannot speak highly enough of the property, team and geographic area, truly amazing! Our 3 days at Kambaku is one of the top things we have ever done, and we have done a thing or two!!!

Room tip: This is literally one of the best experiences I have had in my life!!!
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good grief - what an amazing in-depth review of your time with us. I am sure this will give so much insight to future potential travelers - and for this we thank you ! I hope the kids remember Aidan and Moses and learnt something from their time with us:)

Reviewed 8 April 2024

I've run out of superlatives when talking about Kambuku and our experience there. First time having a proper safari, as part of a 3 month stay in South Africa, our 2nd visit to the country, and we brought relatives from the US who had always wanted to do a safari.
What a spectacular time we had! From the amazing warm welcome by the incredible staff - Savannah, Aidan, Moses, Goodness, Eudance and everyone else, and the beautifully rustic rooms, we were so blown away. Everything is thought of for you. The meals were beautiful, and the Boma experience was so unique and thrilling.
And the game drives! After growing up with Nat Geo documentaries and going to 'game parks' as a kid, I had a hard time processing the immensity of seeing the Big 5 and all the other astounding creatures in the absolute wild. Every time I told myself I would stop taking photos of elephants, more would appear and be just as fascinating to watch. Moses and Aidan have an incredible chemistry and were so interesting to talk to during the drives. (even though I never got to see my Mozambique Spitting Cobra LOL) The early (5AM) mornings in the African bush were like nothing else I've ever experienced, so beautiful.
Our 4 days went by too fast, and we know on our next visit to SA we shall return for a longer stay. Thank you to Savannah, Aidan, Moses and all the staff for giving us an experience we will treasure for a long time to come!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I am humbled by your review - I think we take it for granted, living and working here, but need to be reminded sometimes of the amazing place that we find ourselves in. I am so glad it was a life changing experience. We would love to see you again !