Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
US$536
  • Breakfast included
Baluleni Safari Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$306
  • Pool
Sausage Tree Safari Camp(Balule Nature Reserve)
US$485
  • Breakfast included
Chacma Bush Camp(Balule Nature Reserve)
US$521
Elephant Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
Naledi Game Lodges(Balule Nature Reserve)
Ezulwini Game Lodges(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Greenfire Game Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Emhosheni River Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lengau Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsviva safarisday safarisunset drivemarc's treehousebush walkkruger parkbush braaithe breakfast arearehabilitation centremorning walkguest houselong drive from johannesburgboma dinnerbalule reservestewthe kitchen staffwalking safari
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed at the Tremisana game lodge for five days this November, and stayed for one day here and four days at the Marc's tree house last November. I loved the experience (obviously, I came back within a year!), the staff were very helpful and friendly, and would do anything to make sure you are satisfied and helpful, they make you feel that you belong to a family. The service was great, the food was so delicious. The safari trips were adventurous, the rangers were knowledgeable and with a great sense of humor!
I recommend this place with no reservation.
Enjoy a life time experience guys!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liqa R
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My daughter and I had a great time last month at this lodge as well as Marc's Tree House. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. We did the 5 Day Safari and saw a lot of animals on all days out on safari. The trip was very well planned with little down time. We like to be on the go and this provided that rate of activity. I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone who wants an economical trip with some comforts. The grounds are well maintained and the rooms are very clean. The bar service was a little lacking so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: If you want a unique experience, stay at the Marc' s tree houses at least a couple of nights.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gwen H
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I did a 3 day safari experience at Tremisana lodge recently and it was fantastic from start to finish. The tours are well organised and the guides are highly knowledgable. Bongani took us on the Guided walk and that was the highlight for me...walking near the Oliphants river seeing fresh tracks and Hippos nearby was quite exhilarating. The amenities are super clean and comfortable, the food is great and the schedule is also good allowing for relax time in between adventures. Hard to fault!!
Paul - Australia

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Really enjoyed or 5 days there. Well orgaised trips to make the most of the game park experience. Friendly staff and guides.. Accommodation was in good condition and beds made up dailty (amonst our clutter). Food was good and wholesume - but seemed to have a 3 day rotations - and being there 4 nights - we had the same menu twice.
We would go back there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We did a three night/four day safari based at Tremisana Lodge with Viva Safari and it was a brilliant experience. The lodge is a really nice compromise between a luxury safari and budget camping. If you are looking for the height of luxury then it isnt for you but I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for good value safaris. The rooms are very clean and well cared for, the bedding was very nice which I think is important!

There was plenty of food and it was nicely done (I could eat those soups all day long) and the staff were really pleasant and friendly. It's all nice homecooking style and the one piece of feedback I would give is to not ahve such a big gap between the cold and hot breakfast.

The guides were absolutely brilliant, they clearly care about their surroundings and are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. A special mention has to go to Bongani - without his experience and understanding of wild animal behaviour we wouldnt have witnessed what is one of the most thrilling experiences I've ever seen (a cheetah/lion/leopard battle!) Bongani - no need to retire yet your eyesight is brilliant!!! Of course you can never guarantee seeing anything on a safari but we saw plenty on the Balule reserve as well as in Kruger. Make sure to ask your guides questions about the landscape, trees and birds (I cant speak for other gudies but Ashley and Wes know lots) as if there are no animals around they know some really interesting stuff.

The early starts are tough but ultimately if you are going on safari to see animals then you've got to do it! There is quite a lot of driving but again you just have to be prepared for that unless you can afford to pay big bucks to stay right in the middle of the action.

I would highly recommend Tremisana Lodge and Viva Safari.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Hi

Thanks for the great review ! I am pleased that you had such a good time with Viva Safaris.
We have taken heed of your comment re delay in bringing out the hot food. With immediate effect, the hot food will be cooked in front of the guests at the Lapa. This will save time in bringing out the food from the kitchen.
Thank you for your constructive criticism.
Kind regards