The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$132
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$217
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$119
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Vila Lumbung(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$239
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$539
US$354
Agoda.com
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$171
The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$56
Priceline
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$763
US$278
Agoda.com
Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$212
Priceline
All reviewsroom barpotato head beach clubwelcome homewelcome cocktailisland suiterooftop suiteday bedcocktail makingpriority accessroom checksoft shell crabpersonal baralmond croissantcomplimentary cookiespriority bookingboutique hotelminimum spend
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I run a Private Equity firm which invests into hotels, resorts and properties, which gives me a plenty of experiences in thousands of different hotels all around the world. But I regret to say that Katamama presented me with the worst experience at the highest accomodation price that I ever had in years. I stayed at the Roof Top Suite to see and grade their capability in top services and facilities. I can state my worst experience by the below three aspect:

1. Dangerous facility

2. Loud environment

3. Unprofessional service

First, facility may look very modern being built by the popular F&B group Potato Head. However when you look at them in details, you will find how dangerous each furnitures and interiors are. The hotel proudly presents its authenticity in producing all its interior by themselves but this is where the huge misunderstanding come into play. Since they are not a professional interior or furniture manufacturer, each edges are sharp and fragile for the guest to easily get injuries.
My table up at the Top Roof Suite broke so I wonder what its like in the lower grade room. The interior looks fashionable but has so much dusts and bugs. Each space was used inefficiently such as toilet being in the same open space as the closet, and it wasnt sound proofed well that it may ruin the romance for couples like honeymooners.

Moving onto second, its built adjacent to large hotels that play music enormously loud that you cant really have the windows open nor can you enjoy your time up on the roof. Moreover additional building is being built which will last longer than you can imagine that it feels like you are living right next to a loud club with a large construction site wich creates not only noise but also unbelievable amount of dust.

Lastely, the lousy service hit me with the worst experience ever. First, upon the check-in in the front, the manager said there was a 'glitch' in the system that they cant provide me with the suite. He specifically mentioned that other guest took it first and the suites were currently full. So I complained about why I had to be the one to get disadvanged and why was I being downgraded even at the Roof Top Suite's price. After some minutes the manager came back and said 'problem was solved?' and I can get my original accomodation. Which clearly notifies that the suites werent full and he was about to say that to every guests in Roof Top Suite that checks in and hope to run into someone who can be more flexible in their room preference. Now, that is some unprofessionalism that no hotel should never have. It was the similar experience that I had from some ran down old boutique motel near the Patong area in Phucket. But then what shocked me the most was the experience at the bar lounge. As some large group of guests from the Roof Top Suite had some drinks, they were asking one of the lounge manager to gather the seats so that they can enjoy their time together, which could have been a bit of hassle for the waiters to move the couches. Then the manager suddenly told the guest that they should leave and 'get out of the hotel'. Now, all kind of issues happen in terms of taking all kinds of guests but this was my first to actually hear the hotel telling the guest to 'get out' which clearly shows their untrained staff and HR system.

Therefore after two days of worst experience at Katamama hotel with price well over $ 3,000 USD, I checked out to different hotel cutting my stay at Katamama 4 days short.
This is one of the great example why there exists a large hotel chains because of their consistency in services and facilities. Otherwise they would all become a wannabe hotels just like Katamama, when they should be considered as just another fashionable boutique cheap motel built by a very populare F&B chain.
Hope for Katamama to improve more to become a actual high end hotel someday.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
7  Thank JeongJoon H
alejandro r, General Manager at Katamama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Mr Hwang,

We deeply regret that your experience at Katamama was not up to the standards you are used to receive, and we appreciate the feedback you have given us—the incident with the reservation upon arrival is something that no guests should experience.

We would like to extend our deepest apologies on behalf of the whole team. We take feedback from our guests very seriously, and will do out utmost to ensure this doesn't happen again. Our Managing Director tried to contact you in the morning before your departure, as we've escalated the issues you encountered to him and unfortunately we couldn't get through, and didn't get the opportunity to turn your experience around in an open dialogue.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, and please do feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss further directly alejandro.rueda@pttfamily.com.

Alejandro Rueda

Reviewed 15 June 2017

If I could have waved a magic wand last week and transported this wonderful hotel, with its fabulously kind, solicitous and professional staff to the Bali of my imagination – a calm, green, peaceful, quiet and serene place – then I would have done so in an instant.

As it was, the hotel, for all its splendour, was a little noisier than I had hoped, a magnet, perhaps more for the party animal than for the curmudgeonly middle-aged man that I am.

But otherwise this is an excellent hotel – an architecturally daring and celebrated construction of locally made red bricks, a place where tasty food with a Spanish slant, never more appetising than at breakfast, is served.

Hats off to Alejandro, the hotel’s manager, and his excellent staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank abager
alejandro r, General Manager at Katamama, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Adam.

Thank you for the time taken to share your experience with us . We much appreciate all your feed back you gave me personally and also your kind words you have for me and al our staff.
We hope sincerely to welcome you back and hope you had a good trip back to Prague.

Alejandro Rueda
GM

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend 5 nights at Katamama in a Roof Top Suite. From the moment we were met by the Manager at the buggy until the moment we checked out this place had me and we'll definitely be back.
Our suite was incredibly decorated, we didn't want to leave. Our delicious welcome Mojito cocktails the little surprise plates of goodness in the afternoons along with being lucky enough to be invited to the Birthday Celebration at Movida for one and half hours of complimentary Sangria and tapas. The staff were all amazing and nothing was too much trouble. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Thank you to Alejandro, Carina, Gina, Wahyu and all the other beautiful staff. Can't wait to get back there hopefully towards the end of the year :)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Underdown
alejandro r, General Manager at Katamama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Mark and Julie

We also can´t wait to have you and Julie back at Katamama, and Gina, Carina, Wahyu and I will look forward for that and we will be waiting with those mojitos ready on hand.
In the mean time receive our warmest island regards and also very pleased you enjoy the anniversary cocktail we had for our Katamama Anniversary.
Glad to know that you already plan to come by the end of the year, please let me know in advance so I can arrange personally all your stay with us and also since I would love to have a special attention with you, please have my personal email: alejandro.rueda@pttfamily.com

Best regards
Alejandro R.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay at this unique hotel. It was the first time I have travelled alone but I felt so incredibly comfortable and safe at Katamama. The architectural design and furnishings are simply sublime.There are so many things that made my Katamama experience so special. The list is too long. I want to congratulate all the staff on the outstanding service they provide and hope I am fortunate enough to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CLARE M

Dear Clare

We all want to give you a special thank you not juts for review and the time you took to write it, but also for the special words you have for the staff of Katamama that we indeed wan to provide all our guests with an outstanding service.
We feel also fortunate enough that you stayed with us this past days. hopefully we have the chance to see you soon again here at Katamama.

Alejandro r.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Check-in was made in the room which is quite private. The staff have always a smile on their face and they are always ready to help. You can prepare your own complimentary cocktail in your room with the introductions from a book you will find in your room.
The room was quite big and the shower was amazing. When I went to have breakfast I had a lovely surprise that the Menu have a Spanish twist where you can have really tasty food, the sugar cane juice was my favorite for the morning. While staying at Katamama you will have priority when booking a sunbed at Potato Head, we were allocated at the beach front ones and after spending the whole day there we saw the breathtaking sunset, it was magic!
A big thank you for the Katamama team for the outstanding service!

Stayed: October 2016

Dear Gisele

Smiling is for us at KAtamama the best thing we could ever wear and share to all comes stay with us, and we certainly will always be ready to assist you with any need.
We also thank you for coming and bringing your friend Marta along with you. Extiéndele muchos saludos de todos nosotros desde el Katamama.
We hope to see you again on your future Bali trip and Muchas Gracias for the review.

Alejandro R