My partner and I, young professional gay couple in our early 30s, stayed here for four nights in January. With the numerous and diverse choices of accommodation in Bali, picking one was quite a challenging process. We made the decision to stay in Seminyak and to book a villa instead of a hotel room. This narrows down the number options to about ten. Ultimately, we picked this one for its good reviews/ranking here and its proximity to the (limited) gay nightlife. We had very high expectations, and we were not disappointed. Our experience was as excellent as we anticipated, if not more.
We reserved a single-room villa, and was given villa #210, which is actually a two-bedroom villa. (It worked out well as a friend was traveling with us staying at a nearby hotel, so she used the upstairs bedroom/bathroom quite extensively while hanging out at our villa.) The bedrooms were air-conditioned, while the living/dining/kitchen/bathroom areas were open air. The villa was beautifully designed, classic Southeast Asia luxury. Our private pool and terrace were both of decent size and well designed for both leisure swimming (not length obviously) and just hanging out (though probably not safely designed for young kids, pretty sharp concrete edges/corners under water). The bedroom was very spacious and comfortable. Open air bathroom/shower takes some getting used to, but fine. We loved the open air dining/living area overlooking the swimming pool. It was very relaxing to just hang out and stare at the crystal blue pool. The villa has its own router for wifi, though the signal was not always reliable.
The staff were very attentive. They are diligent but never in the way. Breakfast were ordered the night before and served in our villa at pre-determined time. The food was generally well prepared, and eating breakfast in the privacy of your own open air living room (instead of a hotel restaurant) is quite nice.
During our stay we took extensive advantage of the driver service. This is a major plus, given Bali’s taxi services generally shaddiness, the convolutedness and narrowness of Bali’s street, and the general aggressiveness of Bali’s drivers (as compare to North America). The service is included in the hotel charge as long as the drive is within Seminyak. On most of our trips we tipped the driver 15K ~ 20K ($1.5~$2 USD), essentially the price one would pay for taxi, but the vans used by Le Jardin are definitely nicer and better maintained. Of course, the key advantage of using the hotel’s drivers is not having to worry about being ripped off or driven off track. The driving staff were all very courteous, know their way around, and every bit as efficient (i.e. aggressive) as the other drivers on the street. Charges for ride beyond Seminyak is comparable to other car services providers you can find on the street.
The hotel is walking distance to the beach and many restaurants and businesses on Camplung Tanduk, but the hotel itself is very quiet and quaint. Though the actual street it is located is essentially in a small back alley. While we generally felt safe walking around, the street is pitch dark at night, so walking home late after the bar can be a bit stress-inducing.
But overall, a very memorable stay. We are very glad we picked Le Jardin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the natural beauty and tranquillity of Seminyak, and developed on 4000m2 of exotic landscaped land that includes seasoned rainforest trees, Le Jardin encompasses an unsurpassed backdrop in which to enjoy a tropical retreat. Its nine two-bedroom and two three-bedroom villas are fully self-contained. The resort's setting features five star luxury facilities and a service area to support all villa operations.Le Jardin's design concept accommodates privacy, comfort and opulence with all villas featuring a spacious private pool and garden, outdoor living atmosphere and dining area surveying the swimming pool, garden area and lavish bedrooms complete with en-suite semi-open air bathroom.All of Le Jardin's delightful villas come with the same open-air concept. Pretty glass doors entice you to enter the spacious areas complemented by warm and elegant dark wooden furniture, marble tiles downstairs and wooden floors upstairs, and leather woven sofas that match the stunningly carved black dining table. A token of our management's creativity are the rattan ceilings and villas dubbed the names of tropical flowers. All odours from in-house blossoms to bath foam and shampoos release the scent and, therefore, the properties of that specific flower. This gives each villa a personal character. Rattan is usually used for furniture and floor mats but our audacious designers have taken it a step further, making the villas look innovative and stylish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Jardin Boutique Villas, Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Boutique Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Le Jardin Boutique Hotel
- Le Jardin Boutique Seminyak