4,047 results
All reviews woo bar starfish bloo w retreat ocean facing room star fish bloo bose sound system garden view potato head pool villa amazing hotel rain shower our honeymoon watch the sunset day bed pool side woobar dino
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I visited the Ice bar on Saturday night as per the website's advertised 2 for 1 cocktail and canapé package "Sunset on Ice". I was thrilled to be able to experience this stunning resort as I was staying at a nearby property catering more closely to my budget. The staff were extremely friendly and cocktails were delicious, however, despite our two enquiries there were NO canapés on offer. I wouldn't usually be too worried about such a small detail but considering the rave reviews and the 5++ status this resort commands they should be cautious of false advertising.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
CraigSeaward001, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Hello there MayLiana,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak. Sorry to hear that you were not offered canapes at Sunset on Ice - especially since this is a part of the daily menu offering. Please note I have taken this up with the team to ensure this does not happen again in the future.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best,
Craig Seaward

Reviewed 1 July 2015

I'm SPG Gold for Life near platinum for Life and been to many W properties including W Koh Samui and this is hands down one of the best run resorts out there. My wife and I travels were initial planned for April and had to rebook for June and working with the GM Craig was nothing but the most pleasant experiences. He was so personal and took care of us. We travelled in June for my wife's birthday and upon arrival we had a beautiful dinner setup overlooking the beach and the whole staff came out to sing happy birthday and even up in the room had cake and a lucky balloon to send off our balcony sung by Tyo and Hendy. It all made her feel so special. During out whole stay Tyo and Hendy ensured we were taken care of everyday. We had beautiful cabana overlooking the ocean everyday and you truly can do as much or as little as you want to enjoy your stay here. Breakfast was as all the other reviews advertise for Platinum and it's a must to partake in this feast. They have so many options and if there's anything you don't see they'll do the Whatever Whenever and try to make it for you. The location is great in Seminyak still plenty of restaurants/bars nearby to try but away from the Cancun type feel of Kuta. Pool staff was amazing and you get little buzzers to page them when needed so never in your face or pressuring you like other hotels.

We stayed in a Marvelous Suite and there's only 4 on property but one of the best views of the Indian Ocean and watched the airplanes landing at airport in distance and sunset by evening.

Very secure property with security always out on beach during day/night to keep non-guest or hawkers away and a security checkpoint off the main road as well.

The beach is also as advertised as quite dangerous especially during high tide and would not recommend for swimming. I went up to waist and could feel strong pull but beautiful nonetheless to hear the waves crashing during the day/night. But we went for nice beach walks in morning and beach is fine for walking.

Internet was great for Bali expectations. I was able to stream the Blackhawks live during the Stanley Cup anywhere in the hotel. Watched from our beach cabana with no issues.

We also took the arranged airport shuttle for $29 the driver was there with clear W sign and had no issues and was much easier than dealing with all porters and cab lines. As of June they waived the airport arrival tax when we arrived we did not have to pay the $35 fee pp upon arrival (only for some countries the US & UK for sure) but this was brand new as of our arrival but nice surprise nonetheless.

On checkout we couldn't do a late checkout in the same room since we were heading to Ubud for another week but they arranged for us to have a garden room so we could enjoy our last day and have place to change before checking out.

Pro's:
-Staff was the friendliest we met compared to Thailand their English varied but was quite strong overall and they never were not smiling or eager to help and we just enjoyed talking with them to learn about the Bali culture overall and they are happy to talk and learn about the U.S. as well.
- Large pool with large rafts available to lie on
- Platinum Breakfast buffet one best out there
- Cabanas on first come first serve basis
- Buggies to drive you to/from the main entrance to the hotel
- Fast Internet
Con:
- Can't control it but definitely not a swimming beach but can walk down to Kuta is prefer more safer waters for surfer etc. is ~45 min walk one way but nice morning walk

Room Tip: Marvelous Suites are worth the points/costs but anything with Ocean View will not disappoint.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Greetings Patrick S,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your detailed, enthusiastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife truly enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak experience and that the talent helped make for a memorable stay. We are always thrilled to help contribute to special occasions and create lasting W memories. We do hope to welcome you back for more wow moments soon.

All the best,
Craig Seaward

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Me n my friends were staying here a month ago, we got a beach view room and quite happy with the view. The pool is also nice and refreshing. What we don't really like is the room, it's too ordinary for the price that high, the interior are minimalist and the bathtub is too simple...Ooh n the spa also so so... However, we also like the toiletries, it's very complete and smell wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
CraigSeaward001, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Greetings Deeana_L
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you appreciated the ocean facing view and enjoyed your poolside experience. I'm sorry to hear you were not wow'd by our guestroom design concept which are often a highlight for our guests. Design is a passion for the brand and is a modern interpretation of Balinese design. However, we do hope to welcome you back for more wow moments soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the "marvelous 1 bedroom pool villa" for 2 nights. They were definitely the best 2 nights of our trip. Not only is the villa impeccable- the pool, day bed, King sized bed, bathroom- the service truly made our experience memorable. Staff was so friendly and willing to assist you at all times. W have a policy of "whatever whenever" and this really is the case. They are happy to escort you around the hotel and do anything to make your stay comfortable. Our villa was cleaned twice a day with all amenities replaced. They also provide you with 8 drink bottles daily which was so handy. We had a massage at the W away spa and it was the best massage we have ever had. The fire restaurant was great, as a vegetarian I found it difficult to find some great food that didn't make me sick. Fire bar has its own vegetarian menu - just another small tick on a large list of positives that W provides that sincerely increases expectations. 5 stars. Booking again as soon as I get home!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Greetings EmmaDavenport,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It sounds like you were truly able to experience all that W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak has to offer. We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Wow - what a modern, funky hotel! Really fun and quirky design. Great pool, very helpful staff. The spa is awesome but pricey for Bali. We loved our room looking out to the ocean. The restaurants were great - particularly the Asian one downstairs (Fire). Coolest buffet ever (and I am not a buffet person)! Would be a great destination for a party or girls/boys weekend away. I also liked the CD they have for you playing mellow house music mixed by the hotel... its a great momento of the trip with really cool tunes.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Greetings Jess M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear you had a memorable stay and that you were able to experience our various culinary offerings - especially the concept buffet at Fire. We do hope to welcome you back for more wow moments soon.